Second Try.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work EM! Mostly just the tips on some of them curled up and got crusty, just got a little worried there. I was just thinking tonight when I got home, when I should add my blooming ferts and you beat me to it. Thanks for the input. And by the way my plants like the HPS (even though they got off to a rough start). They stand up nice and perky, and getting really tall and bushy.

EM, good advice on keeping the veg nutes through stretch. It really helps give the plant the nitrogen for the growth spurt.

Now that they are flowering, do I need to kick up the nutes? I have been giving them nutes every second watering, about 3/4 strength. Should I nute every time I water now with full strength, gradually adding my bloom ferts? My nutes are pretty weak, but chemical. My nutes are a three part system

1. (NPK) 1-2-5
2. 2-0-0
3. 1-4-5

1 and 2 go together for growth, and 2 and 3 go together for bloom. And I have some Fox Farm Big Bloom I want to add in occasionally, like a little treat.

I have been getting brown spots on them as well. Also the tips and edges are shriveling up to a crisp. At first the light was pretty close, but I have the light 3' away now, and still noticing burnt tips. Oh and also some of the bottom leaves are turning yellowish. My poor girls, I am a horrible dad! All this started happening since I put them under my HPS. I also was misting them since I moved them. Crapy camera, so no good pics. Any advice?

Some fuzzy pics of my sick plants. Burnt tips, yollowish, and brown spots to top it off.

brownspots.jpg

bs2.jpg

burn.jpg

flower1.jpg

Looks like nute burn...and maybe heat stress...probably new grower's most common problems. No worries man...we all learn from it.

I thought nute burn too, but I haven't changed my nute intake, and all of this happened within 5 days under my HPS. So I thought it has to be something else. Now I see when people say vegging is the easy part. These plants don't want to make me angry! They won't like me when I am angry!

Oh and I germinated 8 more seeds and put them in pots today. 4 Early Misty's, 1 Purple Power and 3 unknown strain. I think I might have only one female out of my 4 that are in flower now, and that won't do.

I think it looks like a nute burn as well. On your next grow, you may want to thing about larger pots. The ones you're using are pretty small for what your plants will be after flowering.

What brand name are your nutes? Are they hydro nutes or dirt nutes?

I was going to wait till they were 2' tall, than transplant to there final home. I have 5 gallon pails they are going into. My nutes are NUTRAGREEN hydro ferts.

I guess I will flush them this weekend, with 20 liters of water each (they are in 2 gal pots) and then move them into my 5 gal pails. Is this a good idea?

Crazy Horse said:
I was going to wait till they were 2' tall, than transplant to there final home. I have 5 gallon pails they are going into. My nutes are NUTRAGREEN hydro ferts.
The plants will love you for their new home. Hydro nutes are almost always too strong for a 1 to 1 dirt grow. In dirt, I use half strength hydro nutes. That will make salts buildup less likely or at least less severe.

Crazy Horse said:
I guess I will flush them this weekend, with 20 liters of water each (they are in 2 gal pots) and then move them into my 5 gal pails. Is this a good idea?
I would let them dry out fairly well before transplanting. The idea is to turn them upside down gently and have the entire contents ease out on your hand. Then gently place the entire thing into it's new home and lightly firm the soil around it.

Easy, lightly, gently, softly.......key words in transplanting.

Yeah the last time I transplanted them I got a little randy. I will be a little more gentle this time. And my PH runs a little high as well. Around 7.5. I give them water that has a PH of 5.5, but the run off still says 7.5. Should I lower my water ph more?

Stoney Bud said:
Yikes! Have you backed down on your nute strength?

Coming from you SB, I must have done something really bad :eek: . I will get these little ladies straightened out. Flushed three of them yesterday, and the fourth one today. Going to wait till my female (the one that has shown so far) dries out a bit, and mover her to a bigger pot. The other three I am going to wait till they show there sex before moving them to new pots (unless they are males). So hopefully in the next week or so they will improve. But I am glad in a way this is happening so I know what not to do next time, and fix the problem before it gets to this point.:) On a lighter note, went fishing today and caught a 10 lb pike. Nothing to brag about, but it felt pretty good pulling her out of the ice!

Oh and another thing. Out of the 8 seeds germ, 8 sprouted out of the dirt today. These seeds sure beat bag seeds! For the price of them, it is worth the high rate of germination! Don't worry, I am not going to post anymore about them or this thread will go on forever lol.

Crazy Horse said:
I know what not to do next time, and fix the problem before it gets to this point.
That's the way man!!!

Nice fish! I've never eaten Pike. What's it like?

Normally pike aren't that good imo. But coming out of a frozen lake they taste alot better. We cooked it in salt water, then dipped it in hot butter, yummy. Didn't taste fishy at all.

Crazy Horse said:
Didn't taste fishy at all.
:D I thought fish was supposed to taste like fish!;) If it tasted like brussel sprouts, what fun would that be? Hahahahahaa

Stoney Bud said:
:D I thought fish was supposed to taste like fish!;) If it tasted like brussel sprouts, what fun would that be? Hahahahahaa

hehe... well, me being in canada... and soo close to all the big, good fishing... I'll tell u... fresh... rite off the boat when she sails in... is 1000% different then any fish bought in a store... for someone to ever say they don't like fish... is **... fresh fish.. has no "normal" fish taste, at all.

Latest posts

Back