Secret Jardin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustAnotherAntMarching

Smot Poker Since '93
Reaction score
:holysheep: why didnt i buy one of them along time ago?? I got my DR120 setup :hubba: and its without a doubt the best made tent I have owned...

I know they get pricey the larger you go but I will 100% def $pend the extra ca$h on another when I need a larger tent... :icon_smile: :48:

I sure enjoy my DRII 120.

Congrats JAAM :woohoo:

Thanks duck... got the lights hung already just need a few last things and ill be ready to rip... soaking some beans ATM... :48:

Yeah, does not take much to get set up.

I am running two 600 in mine with the fan outside the tent and a CF inside.

Going to rearrange and get the CF outside too(someday) so that I can get more head room.

What makes the Secret Jardin better than the others?

I have been looking at tents and the main differences I can find is in the tent fabric which seems to run from a 210D oxford nylon to a 900D canvas type material and the number and location of vents. A 210D fabric just doesn't seem heavy enough. I have been looking at this tent on Amazon, mostly because of the weight of the fabric and number of vents. I am not one to step over dollars to pick up dimes, and am always willing to spend the extra bucks for a better product if it is justified. The light weight of the fabric on the Secret Jarden is a concern.

hXXp://www.amazon.com/Large-Hydroponics-4X4X7-Reflective-Mylar/dp/B0078P34A8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1HHYPCL51QYFW&coliid=I1WDUT9A34VEFH

This was def the easiest tent I have set up to date... This is the first of 4 or 5 tents Ive had that the zipper did not break while initally setting it up... plus it def has alil more head room then the cheap 2x4' tents...

Hows the cf gonna work if its outside the tent?

What makes the Secret Jardin better than the others?

The biggest difference between my 2 tents is the sewing around the zippers and the ports are the correct size. They way the light proof their zippers are also better. imo....They light seal from the inside instead of the outside.

Hows the cf gonna work if its outside the tent

My exhaust will be pushing through the filter
Hoods>Outside of tent will then be the fan and filter.

THG honestly you wont know if its great or junk til ya set it up... Ive had 2- 2'x4' and 2-4'x4' tents and no matter where i got them the zippers broke on inital setup on every one... One of the 4x4' tents was the $180ish one from HTG and it had the same issue... theres a 4x4' tent on Ebay basically the same as you found on amazon for $115 shipped...

I have the Secret Jardin DR120W but I can't speak too it's qaulity in comparrison to other tents because I haven't owned any others. I have the carbon filter on the outside of the tent as well, because of headroom.
I don't know how other people set there's up, but mine is set up so the CF sits on the floor, the fan sits on top of the filter, and the insulated flexable ducting runs up and into a top vent opening.
I can't vouch for the odor removal yet as mine currently only holds some clones.

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
THG honestly you wont know if its great or junk til ya set it up... Ive had 2- 2'x4' and 2-4'x4' tents and no matter where i got them the zippers broke on inital setup on every one... One of the 4x4' tents was the $180ish one from HTG and it had the same issue... theres a 4x4' tent on Ebay basically the same as you found on amazon for $115 shipped...

Could you link me to it? I have been on E-bay, too, but not seen one with the heavier fabric in that price range. There have been no zipper complaints on the reviews on Amazon, but a zipper breaking can be a big deal.

So the thin fabric on the Secret Jardin is not a problem? I think I have jackets that are heavier than 210D.

That tent seems pretty decent and the price is almost too good to be true(which is a concern to me) but it has solid reviews. I almost wish it had at least 1 weaker review so that we can trust what is being said. I have the secret Jardin Darkroom II and the material seems to be very sturdy. The zippers are strong and very light tight. I like the double drawstring socks for ventilation hook up(which the one you are looking at has those) They are great for being able to make different size connections and then be sure they are light tight.

The only draw back to either one is the bottom vent screens to allow air intake. You have to modify these for air intake as they also allow light intake. I actually bought some of the brown plastic roof exaust fan covers that are used on the roof of a house and mounted them on the outside of the tents so that they covered the screen vents. They work great for allowing air while keeping out the light :)

If you havent put one of these together before then get someone to help as they are a bear to assemble for one person. I built both of mine by myself but was soaked with sweat and wore out when I was done with just one. I found the best way is to build the frame for the bottom and put in place then build the 4 corners of the top frame and put in place while pushing the whole thing upwards. Trying to build then stretch the tent over the frame isn't happening with 3 people, let alone 1 person. If you have one more person to hold the tent up while you assemble the frame in place would make it much easier. :)

THG a friend purchased this tent from ebay... hxxp://www.ebay.com/itm/270818941931?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Its up with no issues and he said the zippers are good... this tent unzips around the whole bottom so getting it over the frame was no issue at all i was told...

I do agree with Hushpuppy... The only downfall is that there is no inner light shield where the intakes are on the secret jardin but the socks for the vent/cords are def awesome...

+1 Secret Jardin DRII 120.
I like that the tent can support some weight. I have a Can Fan 30 filter/fan, 1000w large hood and a Minigen Co2 burner hanging from mine no problem.

Fabric and zippers seem real tough, been in and out of mine countless times.

Also like the little socks they give you just for wires, both high and low in the tent.

Yeah. You wont know how much better made a tent is till you buy a great line of one. I had a 8x4 Sunlight supply green and black model one from 09'. Ripped the corners putting it up, just way way to tight of fit, up and over. Now I have a 8x8 Home box/growlab(Sunlight Supply), just the over hauled model. Its like night and day from the old models. Heavier duty everything, more ports, center vertical bar, nice and light proof all the way around. I stopped hanging my fans and just lay them right on top of tent, silent, no vibration. And just ducted it up straight down the top ports with insulated duct coming from both ends. Plenty of support. I have 2, 6" 440cfm fans laying on top and 4, 1k's in magnum hoods. No sag at all.

congrats JAAM...sounds like ya in for some fun and Great grows...

take care and be safe

JAAM,
I've got a secret jardin too. Cant remember model number-but its about 39x39x72 inches, has reinforced corners, socks for the wires,a rectangular vent in back, two duct openings on bottom and one up top-worked well.
I just need 600 to go in there. good strong zippers-damn near hung my body wieght on the upper framework-my DA attack!! but all good-just put away now.

:48:

ODF

Latest posts

Back