seed question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrow22

Reaction score
Hey guys,
On one of my females, it produced a seed. There are no male pods anywhere, and i don't have any males or hermies so i don't know how this could happen...Any ideas or comments about this?

well i dont know from experience but last night i was reading a topic just like this where they said that if there is even 1 male flower on the whole plant it could create seeds. thoroghly scan your plant looking for any sign of male flowers

How do you tell a male/female flower?

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
How do you tell a male/female flower?
The female flower will have white hairs and the male will have small pods.

I have checked every node, and there are no male flowers. I have a seed for sure, the pod opened up and i see the hard shell. I thorougly checked the plant and it is all female. Wierd...

I can get a pic in about 15 days....I can take a pic right now, but i only have a shitty camera so i can only take pics that don't have any detail. Big pictures is all i can take right now. I am getting a new camera for christmas so then i can show u. I don't know why a pic would be need though...

The only possible way that a seed can be formed is with pollen...either a remnant of a past male in the grow ..or a hermie flower.

Well, i have never done a grow in this room before. And i have never had a male in the room, so maybe its a hermie. I got it from a sack of white widow which since it was a sack of chronic and had a seed, could have been hermie, but it has no male flowers on the plant. Just produced a couple of pods. I thoroughly inspected every node and there are NO pods. It is probably a hermie and released hormones that caused it to do that. But it is like a miracle plant :eek:. Good buds are forming, and i only see 2 seeds on the whole plant, and it is really resinous.

a single or ven a few stray hermie flowers can be dang difficult for the untrained eye to detect.
"I" call them 'bananas'. ...tiny 'yellow' bananas hidden among the swollen female calyxes

what do they look like...do you have a pic?, because they must be hidden. Also, hick, are these seeds worth keeping once it is harvested? I mean the plant looks great, even if it is hermie and produced basically no male pods, and if it did they are hidden and really small like you say

they look just like "that"...li'l yellow bananas, thats the best description that I know. Are the seeds mature?...Brown?..
How many weeks in flower?..

.."Personally"...I'm totally against the further procreation of/with hermie seeds.
"I" believe femminization and herophradism run hand in hand, AND are detrimental to the further improvement of quality 'drug grade' pot.

Hick said:
a single or ven a few stray hermie flowers can be dang difficult for the untrained eye to detect.
"I" call them 'bananas'. ...tiny 'yellow' bananas hidden among the swollen female calyxes

yes...thats what we call them too Hick....i HATE bananas

i agree with Hicks last post too....anything feminized ....could be hermie...stay away...

in my experience the bananas show up if the plant has been stressed or the photoperiod has been off...small light leaks will cause this...and IMO also...any seed taken from this should be considered garbage...swallow the seed for its oils...its not good for growing

seeking pic to show you the banana...i know i got some ...but have hundreds of pics to look through .. will post up soon

I'll work on retrieving one from an old drive..

heres one shot of a small one popping through....they show up just about anywhere...once you see one they are easy to spot

its the tiny yellow piece you see in the square

Banana 068 (Small).jpg

Sweets, thanks guys. my gals are in week 5 of flowering, and the seeds are green.

Latest posts

Back