Seed/Seedling Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes mushrooms grow in darkness until they are ready to "flush," which is harvest. They also only take about 2 months start to finish

but in a nutshell, you sterilize bird seed in a pressure cooker and then shoot mushroom spores into the jars and let them colonize. once colonized, cover in coco coir and let them sprout

I havent done a mushroom tek in years. I was actually thinking about doing a small hobby grow in the near future

You need to do a step by step thread on it sometimes.

It wont be while I live at this house. I just dont have the space. I dont really have enough space for this 3x3 Grow Tent either but I have managed to squeeze it in. The wife is already a little miffed at how much space my grow and grow supplies are consuming haha

But you have my word, if ya'll help me get through my first grow, I will do a complete DIY Mushroom Tek, beginners friendly :)

No i dont mean you to do it. I mean give a step by step on how.

Would love to see also having never attempted growing shrooms myself
At my age I would be afraid to do a large dose, I may go crazy and run naked through the streets
And that would not be fair to anyone.

Hahaha, Set and Setting are everything.

I have never been one to dose in public or any "uncontrolled," environment. Pretty sure all my trips have occurred in the confines of my house/yard/patio. I did trip out in the woods once, that was a good time but I could see how that could turn negative quick for someone inexperienced lol

Free Micro Doses for everyone! lol

Oh I did them in public yrs ago and went to a movie. Best movie of my life, it was Outland with Sean Connery
Man I was in that movie that night , last time I ever used.

I would have to take a very very small dose to even consider leaving the safe/controlled confines of my home

Maybe when Avatar 2 comes out......

Good Afternoon,

I am a first time cultivator in the research phase of my first grow. I am wondering how people feel about the different types of seeds on the market. The pros and cons of each; Auto-Flower vs. Feminized vs. "Regular"

For my first grow, I selected a Skywalker Feminized seed.

Then also, my first grow will be done with a 315W CMH inside a 3x3 Grow Tent. I planned on using the 315W CMH from seedling through flowering, but have been thinking that maybe I should get something a little less for the "Seedling Stage," like a 120-140W LED bulb in one of those little clip-on clamp lights. I would like to avoid spending even more money but I will if you all think it would be a much better move. If I did use the 315W for the seedlings, I would back it off about 2-3 feet as well (possibly more if needed but I wouldnt want them to stretch).

Thank you in advance for you feedback! I am very excited to dive into this hobby!
I used a 65 watt LED grow light bulb in one of the clip on lights for seedlings for a couple days. I only had three plants though. You don't need a lot of light at first. I am still fairly new to growing and have used jiffy pellets in one of their greenhouses. Now, I can use seed starter soil. Maybe, some people understand growing right away, but it has taken me a couple of grows and I am still learning. I like getting Black Gold Organic potting soil because it doesn't have a lot of added nutrients. I can do that for my few plants, but if somebody is growing a lot of plants that might be impractical. Watch out if you buy soil in bigger bags with mulch in it, I had problems with fungus gnats in Miracle Grow Performance Organic.

Latest posts

Back