seeding to veggin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71_307

Just a quick question.. how big or sets of leaves do you let your seedlings get befor you concider them to be in theyer veggin stage..

the grow bible wich i like and have read many times but i find it very vague.. from my understanding, is it when they start to turn yellow from just water and start to need nuts???

Thanks

thanks...when you say 3 sets.. is that three sets that actually look like weed leaves or three sets of seedling style leaves ( the only way i could discribe them woudl be christmas tree looking.. if that makes sence) ??... my only thing is when there that small still mynext light setup of from the CFL ive been seeding them with each wiht there own bulb of 1900 lumes.. is an 600hps.. but i guess as long as my venting system is runing well they should not fry ..

Well I thought i had pics.. i'm sure i do somewhere... if u want pics I can take some tomorrow... Basically 3 sets not including the grow shoot bunch... when they look like separate leaves... this is a ''seedling'' (or clone) with one set of leaves.

seedling.jpg

hey thanks a bunch again.. and i would really appriciate it if you could.. but ya my leaves.. well talking about one single leaf is still very condenceed looks like a pot leave but squished together very tightly.. and the shout leaves are still attached to the plants.. will they fall off or kind of jsut grow into the plant?

oh as a side not my talest plant is only about 3 inches tall right now

k, i'll take a few pics tomorrow... umm, I'm not100% sure what ur saying...

On the top of the plant u have the "growshoot" It is basically 2 sets of lil leaves that grow out in a lil spiral and attach to the stalk... If u have lights right close to the top of the plant (1-2inches) and are feeding them a light nute solution u should be getting at least 1cm growth per day in height and new sets of leaves every couple days.

6 inches is a ballpark height figure....

so far i have been giving them only water and its been only i would say 2 weeks from them being seeds to 3 inches tall.. but im going to start giving them nutes soon.. i figured they didnt need any nutes yet cause in the bible it says you should only give nutes if they start to yellow ( when still seedlings) but im sure a light doose would do them good. also not sure if its just the genetics of AK but two of my plants are really purple..

Yeah at 3 inches tall u don't need nutes. When u get used to seeing plants all the time u'll know exactly u need at what time.

ya i bet.. and thanks for all the help. took alot of worrin off my mind.. dont want ot see my little girls ( knock on wood) go south.

Here is a cutting I took around 2 weeks ago I think.... about 6-8 inches high.

vegging.jpg

Latest posts

Back