Seedling help appreciated please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Immortalclient

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here and I've registered and seen a lot of peoples plants growing really well.

This is my first ever grow and I started with one plant, the other two died because they got eaten by birds or possums. I planted more recently and they have just started to grow. My main concern is on my most developed plant, I got these seeds off my brother who got them off a friend that said they were from the strain 'Big Bud'. I planted it and it grew pretty well in the first couple of days, no stretching or anything. It's been a week and a half or so now and It's still only got its two rounded leaves below two big nicely developed pointy leaves, my concern though is that it hasn't grown new leaves in about 4-5 days.

My plant is grown outdoors in the sun and I usually take it inside at night time to get it out of the cold nights because I heard it was bad for plant development. The soil I got was from one of my mothers garden plants, she is great at gardening so I took it was some good soil, I've been watering it usually every day to every second day, usually half a cup of water.

Any suggestions on why it's not growing any more sets of leaves would be really helpful, or just a heads up on when it should grow some more leaves or whatever.
:)

Photo_00045.jpg

Photo_00044.jpg

Photo_00047.jpg

Please note I've never actually done a full grow, all my knowledge is theory. Please do your own research. I only hope to point you in the right direction / give you the right things to think about.

week and a half since planting seedlings / germinated seeds? Sounds about right. I'm sure your leaves are coming.

If your pot(s) that your plant(S) is/are in have drainage holes in the bottom, my dad always taught me to place the pot(s) in a shallow bath of water and let the water soak in to the soil for probably 5 - 10 minutes. Just to avoid getting the base of the stems wet. Probably mainly to avoid any rot or weakening of the stem base.

How many plants do you have? it's probably a good idea to let them get to about a foot before transplanting them outside or leaving them over night. Since it's almost august to optimize your plants with the little time you have left, I'd suggest putting them outside during day light hours, and also under artificial light inside at night. Veg them as big as you can in the next week or two and then throw them outside (leave them in pots until they show their sex).

Unless of course by leaving them out in the day and inside at night you are trying to find out the sex, then outdoor hours of light would be good.

If your plants are being exposed to household light inside at night, that will keep them from showing their sex (from my understanding). And if that is the case- you mine as well be vegging them inside at night. Under CFL's or tube fluorescents. Not incandescent bulbs.

Although let's say you leave them outside from August 15- I don't know if your plants would fully bloom (until October 15) or if they could even successfully produce seeds.

If you really want to encourage branches, try tying it down. Read about LST. I'm sure there's a post in the appropriate section of this site.

Are you considering seeding these plants?

Hope that helps you!

Plants from seed are going to take 3-4 months (or more depending on strain) from time of germination to harvest. Do you live in an area where it does not get cold in winter? If not, I doubt that you are going to have time to finish these.

It is generally not a good idea to take plants indoor and outdoors and indoors and outdoors, etc, etc. It is too easy to bring pests from outside into your grow space.

Plants will not show sex until they are sexually mature, regardless of the light schedule. It is going to take 4-8 weeks of vegetative growth to become sexually mature. Then you will have another 8-10 weeks or so to flower.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Plants from seed are going to take 3-4 months (or more depending on strain) from time of germination to harvest. Do you live in an area where it does not get cold in winter? If not, I doubt that you are going to have time to finish these.

Same reason I'm not planting tomatoes this year :'(

Maybe I'll try some indoors if I get a break from growing other things :hubba:

Latest posts

Back