seedling issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamo

Reaction score
hello dear friends
i have sprouted a white widow seed
it is almost 4 days old
i planted it in a peat/perlite soil with almost 70% perlite
the seedling look wonderful
i have not exposed it to light till it reached about an inch and a half
however the cotyledons are not looking upwards
they are looking aside and yellowish green
the first true leaves started to appear yet they are also yellowish green
the water ph is 7
the runoff is almost 6.5
i exposed it to light today "6500 spectrum CFL 32W an inch away" also about two feet away LED light
so is it due to lack of light and thats why it is not looking upwards with a yellowish green ?
or is it something else ?
please help me with that

hello dear friends
i have sprouted a white widow seed
it is almost 4 days old
i planted it in a peat/perlite soil with almost 70% perlite
the seedling look wonderful
i have not exposed it to light till it reached about an inch and a half
however the cotyledons are not looking upwards
they are looking aside and yellowish green
the first true leaves started to appear yet they are also yellowish green
the water ph is 7
the runoff is almost 6.5
i exposed it to light today "6500 spectrum CFL 32W an inch away" also about two feet away LED light
so is it due to lack of light and thats why it is not looking upwards with a yellowish green ?
or is it something else ?
please help me with that

Not sure what you mean about looking upwards. You should post a pic.

Lesso is right we definitely need a pic.

Why you didn't expose it to light is strange, why that?

Seedlings need light as soon as they break the soil. Peat is generally very acidic...how are you measuring the pH? If you are using one of those inexpensive probes that you stick in the soil, throw it away. They are worse than nothing because you believe that you are checking the pH, but they are so inaccurate as to be worthless. We do need pics though as I am not really understanding what is going on either.

They yellow , light green color is from not getting any light, once you have them under the light they will start to green up. Don't wory about the cotyledons facing up , they usually droop down on my seedlings.

Seedlings need light as soon as they break the soil. Peat is generally very acidic...how are you measuring the pH? If you are using one of those inexpensive probes that you stick in the soil, throw it away. They are worse than nothing because you believe that you are checking the pH, but they are so inaccurate as to be worthless. We do need pics though as I am not really understanding what is going on either.

i measure the ph using ph measuring kit "liquids" by general hydroponics
2 bottles for up and down and one dropper for measuring ph
and i measure the ph using the runoff
i added some lime to the peat moss to reduce its acidity in addition to mixing it with perlite for drainage and air also i added a small fan

They yellow , light green color is from not getting any light, once you have them under the light they will start to green up. Don't wory about the cotyledons facing up , they usually droop down on my seedlings.

thanks a lot
and you are totally right
as soon as i exposed it to the CFL`s after about 4 hours it started to look upwards and to get more green instead of pale yellowish green

Lesso is right we definitely need a pic.

Why you didn't expose it to light is strange, why that?

i never thought it is gonna grow like that in less than 12 hours
but it is way better now
lack of light made it look that way

Not sure what you mean about looking upwards. You should post a pic.

what i meant by looking upwards "the leafs are facing the light source in a horizontal way but in my case the coty`s were facing the side in a vertical way
and obviously it`s due to lack of light
coz as soon as i exposed them to light they started to adjust themselves to face the light which is above them and they started to turn greenish by now

Good to hear they are perking up.

Latest posts

Back