Seedling nutrient def?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ston-loc

Reaction score
Hey all, would like your thought. So I have five toddler-ish plants. Have yet to give any added nutrients. First round leaves are just yellowing. All five have recently been transplanted into happy frog a week or so ago, and all they have gotten is ph'd water. I have two of this strain, Cannatonic. The one looks like this and seems to be getting more noticeable. Looks like some kind of deficiency. Odd that all are in the same soil, getting the same ph'd water, but only this one is having this issue. Any thought?

View attachment image.jpg

Ston-, does it look better now then it did before you put it in HF? the very newest growth looks ok to me... Should be two more weeks before you add any nutes. The older growth does look strange.

It actually looks more like nute burn to me than a deficiency of any kind. How hot is HF?

Happy frog isn't hot and wouldn't burn a thing. It only has nutes for three weeks.

Not exactly sure. I know it has organic nutrients in it, but was told it's not as hot as ffof. That's why I've used it after seed starter, but before my final peet moss mix in the 30gallon totes. Rose, it's definitely growing and looking better than it did before transplant. But not the weird two toned leaves and browning at the serrated tips on those few sets of fan leaves.

Just really odd to me why this one is doing it when all other factors are the same. Even with the second one of the same strain. Check out the comparison,

Cannatonic 2

Looks like nutrient burn.... keep watering with a ph of 6.5. It will grow out of it.

every plant is dif, it happens.

How are you testing ph?

Use a quality calibrated digital meter if you dont have one already. Everything else is to unreliable.

Yeah, I adjust down to 6.5. My testing is pretty primitive, with drops, but it has always worked fine for my outdoor grows. These plants are inside right now but should be outside by June.

I would give them both a little dolomite lime and mix it into the soil so that it balances the soil and supplies some magnesium. It isn't real ffast so it shouldn't burn them. I would gently mix in about 1 TBsp to each container.

my poor diagnosis skills say it looks kinda potassium deficient.. but i don't believe that to be true. not this young. (please correct my diagnosis if i'm way off, for my own benefit as i don't really trust myself anymore lately :eek:)

is the ph stable? you said ph'd water.. have you calibrated lately?
i see your other plant has kinda purple stems on the older growth too.. were they maybe very rootbound, and just not recovered?
was this showing pre-transplant, or just since hitting the new dirt?

Looking a lot better. Reason I transplanted all of them was because they weren't looking to great. Not sure reason for it. Since I posted this though, the new growth is looking a lot better. Has grown a good amount, and I actually felt it was doing ok enough to fim it. Temps have been getting pretty hot in there because of the heat wave we've had this last week, but they are all looking pretty good except for the stunted nurse Larry seedling. Tithe plant with the initial issues is the back left one.

heat wave coming to a end is great news here too---oh---your plants look fabulous

Thanks dude. They'll be outside come June 1st under the sun :48:

Nice looking plants Ston.

Latest posts

Back