Seedling Terrarium

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirKyanin

Reaction score
ok, this is my first grow and I have three out of four sprouting. (pics later) The thing is, I need to move these little guys out of their tiny individual pods into a much bigger one.
- on a related note, these pods are the Venus Fly Trap mini-terrarium by Dunecraft, and i need to know if i can continue growing them in the soil provided, or if it too dangerous for the plant to have that particular soil combination. I need to move these lil gals here soon or they wont grow right. And yes, before you ask, i have ph balanced water, a homemade fert. a light, and a heater/fan. these lil chickas are growing much faster than i anticipated, so i need some serious help.:icon_smile:

You can leave them in the soil pod that they are in as long as it is not surrounded in some way that would prevent the roots from growing out after transplanting. You should be able to transplant them into most any soil-type medium without any issues. Be very careful about feeding them at this early stage. This is where many people make the mistake of overfeeding their plants and killing them. Seedlings do not need food for the first 2-3 weeks as they draw nutrients from the little round leaves(cotyledons) that first pop out. Once the plants get growing vigorously then you can carefully add nutrients, or if you are going into prenuted soil like FoxFarm ocean forest, you will not need to feed them for several weeks(depending on the size of the plant container and amount and type of soil). Do not use miracle grow soil unless it is the type that has no added nutrients as that will kill MJ.

Welcome to the forum :) good luck with your new babies :)

Hushpuppy said:
Do not use miracle grow soil unless it is the type that has no added nutrients as that will kill MJ.
:)

one of my pet peeves when people say this stuff. no offense to you but that is simply not true.

the more true statment would be dont buy miracle grow unless in the green bag or the seed starting mix. and do not nute during veg beacuse it MAY hurt the plants.

ive grown 100s of strains in the stuff in the green bag (prenuted), and not one seedling was hurt by it. most all went to harvest with great smoke, give or take issuses unrelated to the soil. the prenutes (time realse) crap is gone just as fast as FFOF runs out of nutes only differnce is chems vs more organics.

i recently went back to ffof and relised how much better for me the MG is than the stuff. so back the mg this grow again, 10 more strains added to the 100s strains, all doing great btw ;)

i love the stuff, to each his own but that claim was a little harsh.

I have just heard so many horror stories of people using the standard Walmart variety MG potting soil and it burned up their seedlings. I wasn't sure which type that MG offers that doesn't burn MJ as all I ever see is prenuted that I heard the horror stories about. :) If it works for you and you can tell people which type to buy then I wouldn't argue the point as I don't have first hand experience with MG for MJ. I don't have anything against MG as I use it in my flower beds and vegetable garden. But in my defence, I did say not to use it unless it is the kind that is not prenuted. :)

I actually read somewhere that if i were to add a lil eggshell powder during a transfer, it would make a massive good difference.

you wont need any of that, or anything commerical. jsut dont distrub the roots went you transplant and all will be fine.

Latest posts

Back