seeds cracked like crazy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grownincali420

Reaction score
i cracked my seeds in a small glass of water and the root just exploded out of the seed, i mean in 2 days its now about 2.5 inches and out of the seed...is this sprout useless now its out of the seed? im leaving to pick up soil now, but i wanted to make sure it was still good

Yeah, that's what you want. You want the seed to crack open.

i allways plant mine after they are about a quarter inch to half inch long. I think most people plant them when they are very short. I think it will be alright just dont touch the taproot at all!!!

i figured as much i just didnt want to set myself up for dissapointment...how should i set them in soil without touching the taproot?

my biggest now looks like this

<==================()
:yeahthat:

also light period for starting growth...12/12 or 18/6...ive heard both so im clueless as to which is the best

if the seed shell is still on the top of the root grab it by that. Or use tweezers. I give my plants 18/6 for the whole veg stage witch is usually about 6 weeks and then i switch to 12/12. But you can veg as long as you want to. A lot of people also do 24/0, its all personal preference. I do 18 so my light has a little time off every day and also its a little better on the electricity bill.

thanks a bunch ya'll...what is the best starting p.h? is it the 6.7-6.2 range ive been told...haha sorry for the rapid fire q's...im potting as we speak..i just want them to have a healthy start

It depends on how much room you have. How long you Veg them will will depend on how big they get and how much bud you will yield.

Latest posts

Back