seeds from hermie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewbongo

noobie with a doobie
Reaction score
So I grew some bagseed a while back and she hermied on me, but she was really good and I kept the seeds. I have one going now and she is about three weaks from being done and showing no signs of hermie. So u think I'm in the clear?? She is looking great I'm very excited. I will try to get some pics. When I get home

Well if it hasn't turned hermaphrodite by now you are probably ok?

Seed from hermaphrodites doesn't automatically produce 100% hermaphrodism in all the progeny, some plants will usually grow normally.

Ty rockster, she is looking nice, I will probably grow out the other seeds I have from the Bernie mom

Chew imo i just would not use the seeds to breeds you may grow them out and never see a hermie and them again you may have got the only true female with the plant you have growing. Just grow it, enjoy it and off to the next one.

No I don't plan on doing any breeding, just wouldn't mind giving the other seeds a chance

if you see a nanner then pick it off. i know its tedious but if shes worth it then do it.

i have rez's double strawberry diesel, frm a few yrs ago, and one pheno shows nanners like clockwork and so long as you are dilligent with removing the nanners you will not pollinate your crop.

A plant can hermie at any time and nanners can and do hide deep in buds.

i understand that when a plant hermies due to stress from environmental factors that the nanners are not predictable in when they show up.

the one pheno of DSD i run will hermi without fail during the same time period once flowered and once that time has passed then no more male pollen sacks are produced.

its a decision made by the grower whether to keep a hermi prone plant and if you are diligent then you can avoid accidental pollination.

proceed with caution.

I wld continue to watch her....you are not safe till she is cut and hang drying somewhere.
It wld have to be some top notch Fire for me to grow out bag seed that has hermie tendencies....jmo

ChewbacaKz said:
No I don't plan on doing any breeding, just wouldn't mind giving the other seeds a chance

They will be very unstable, your better off taking a clone from this plant if it shows no sign of the hermie trate.

Hamster Lewis said:
I wld continue to watch her....you are not safe till she is cut and hang drying somewhere.
It wld have to be some top notch Fire for me to grow out bag seed that has hermie tendencies....jmo
Well whammy u know I respect ure opinion, but she was a very good hi for me and that's when she was producing seeds, witch is why I kept the seeds. To be honest even if she hermied I would still keep her. I'm very pleased with her. I know most pol on this site are huge against Bernie's, but my opinion is that good smoke is good smoke, and I can handle picking. A few seeds, tho I'd rather not have to lol.
Thank u every one for ure reply, and hemp goddess I figured u would be chyming in, I was kinda afraid u were gonna get on to me LOL, I know how u feel about hermies

Bro bottom line is only you know what will work for your situation...if this cut works for you and you don't mind picking out some seeds then go for it....none of us shld tell you not to or look down on you for doing it....that is the beauty of growing your own MJ. We gain the experience and knowledge and then apply it to what works best for each one of us.....jmo

all this is true, and i wouldnt go without smoke if all i had was hermie weed

but i still do believe that all hermies should and must DIE, JMO.

Latest posts

Back