Seeds germinating now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. Now i remember. Opaque. 😊
It may have been opaque blue or opaque red but it was opaque. Regardless, very few plants aside from maybe some ferns and orchids grow roots purposely above soil. Light doesn’t penetrate the soil so most plants are not accustomed to having their roots exposed to light. I have not personally tried transparent pots so I can’t say they are bad or good.

Wow guys, thank you so much. I didn't know all this treasure info was here--not alerted to posts.

So no little green heads poking up yet, but it's only been 48 hours. And the seeds are not exactly guaranteed. But I have them on a heated greenhouse bottom with good soil and a covered top. For whatever reason I feel confident.

Wow guys, thank you so much. I didn't know all this treasure info was here--not alerted to posts.

So no little green heads poking up yet, but it's only been 48 hours. And the seeds are not exactly guaranteed. But I have them on a heated greenhouse bottom with good soil and a covered top. For whatever reason I feel confident.
Welcome to the obsession…

Over watering is the biggest problem most new growers have and it can ruin your grow fast. Plants need water, but too much will drown them, cause diseases and also attract bugs. My first few grows I tried very hard not to over water, but it's not as easy as you think.

Trust me on this, watering is key. I wound up buying a scale to weigh my plants so that I know exactly how much water is in the soil. Without the scale, I'd still be guessing to some degree.

As for your seedling, keep it damp not soaked! I've had 100% success with seed germination and use very little water, Infact a slightly dry day can do seedlings good too. You do not need to water every day, try going 3-4 days (or longer) until the cup feels light, then water lightly.

If you are unsure, play it safe and skip watering one more day... It's always better to underwater than it is to overwater, and some plants like it!

Congratulation on your state legalization, feels good huh? I'm in Virginia and we are legal as well, feels good.

Thank you I've been struggling with this. It is cool in the room of my seeds (no seedlings yet.) But they are in a heated little greenhouse. I think the heat burns off the water. I spritz 5-10 times, twice a day.

Thats called killing them with too much love! I water my seedlings in a pete pot once every 5 days or so. You'll know they need water when the container feels light to pickup.

Think of it this way.... Plants like water and can hold their breath when you water them. (they are choking a bit after a heavy water) The next day things start to dry out and the roots start to breath easier. Day three things are drying out, but the plant is happy as there is still some water and plenty of air at the roots.

Now imagine this same plant being watered three days in a row. Yep, it can't hold its breath that long and will drown! Plants like to be watered, but will drown with too much water in the soil. The dry days are just as important as the wet ones!

Last edited:
Thats called killing them with too much love! I water my seedlings in a pete pot once every 5 days or so. You'll know they need water when the container is feels light to pickup.

Think of it this way.... Plants like water and can hold there breath when you water them. (they are choking a bit after a heavy water) The next day things start to dry out and the roots start to breath easier. Day Three things are drying out, but the plant is happy as there is still some water and plenty of air at the roots.

Now imagine this same plant being watered three days in a row. Yep, it can't hold its breath that long and will drown! Plants like to be watered, but will drown with too much water in the soil. The dry days are just as important as the wet ones!
Agreed about less watering and lighter weight containers to gauge when to water. My brother killed his seedlings in January by watering too much. Cannabis likes a wet/dry cycle to give the roots oxygen.

Someone on here had those cool green and blue cups that we were chatting about. Remember? I think the green one was clear and the blue dark? Thought it was cool to be able to see root growth. I think the grower ended up not liking the idea because...hmm. can't remember. Maybe something to do with the water.

Hi David, That was me David I wanted to see the roots grow I use the blue cup to go over the see through cup to stop the light from hitting the roots. It's was brought to my intention that two cup interfears with how the soil dry's out. It was experiment.

Hi David, That was me David I wanted to see the roots grow I use the blue cup to go over the see through cup to stop the light from hitting the roots. It's was brought to my intention that two cup interfears with how the soil dry's out. It was experiment.
I just lost a seedling plant using this method. will not do the double cup thing again…maybe my drain holes were not right I’m not sure but not worth changing what works

Just fking with ya Sub.😁
I've seen ppl growing in clear containers they wrapped with insulation they could remove and see the roots.

Well I am sitting in a brilliant finally warm green and glowing cup. Still no happy green heads poking up. Have the little guys heated. Singing them Bahamian lullabies. Trying to be kind and aware with watering.

Little bitty seedlings appeared today. I almost missed them as they were so small and I was in a rush out the door...just stopped to spritz. But here they are! Maybe more to follow...who knows. But my plan is to let them mature in their little greenhouse another week. Then I will transplant them to my Lettuce Grow, at which time I will leave town for five days. Should be an interesting journey...theirs, not mine to Chicago!

Attachments

• IMG_0405.jpeg
    IMG_0405.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 5
Just fking with ya Sub.😁
I've seen ppl growing in clear containers they wrapped with insulation they could remove and see the roots.
Yes I ruined my baby girlcrush doing that. Have to wait till next grow for another one will never double cup again

Janis and Bobby are looking good. Soaking up all that goodness.

Attachments

• 20220602_213143.jpg
    20220602_213143.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220602_213323.jpg
    20220602_213323.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 2
Little bitty seedlings appeared today. I almost missed them as they were so small and I was in a rush out the door...just stopped to spritz. But here they are! Maybe more to follow...who knows. But my plan is to let them mature in their little greenhouse another week. Then I will transplant them to my Lettuce Grow, at which time I will leave town for five days. Should be an interesting journey...theirs, not mine to Chicago!
Congrats on the babies!

Latest posts

Back