Seeds... Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirSmoke-a-Lot

Reaction score
I am germinating some bagseeds and the bag I got seems a little old so I don't know if the seeds are any good or what. My question is... what do good seeds look like? I got different kinds of seeds in the bagseed, some are just plain and small... some are dark greenish/brownish with marks on it... some are just dark greenish... some are big, some are small... I am just germinating all of them right now... but I want to know this for general knowledge. Thanks!

seeds come in varies shapes,color and sizes. as a general rule white seeds are no good, take the seed and put between fingers and squeeze it, if it pops-nogood, if you cant pop-it, it is probally a good seed.

agree with grey. made some of my own seeds last year, saved the ones that were dark (like dark green/brown) some had specks on them. All of them germinated. But depends on the strain i think. I have some seeds given to me by a grower and they are black almost and very small. She says she made (grew and pollenated) them and i am pretty sure they will all germ next season. But white seeds...are immature i think (i dont even try to grow them).
Good luck to you

Yea I know about the immature ones... one of my seeds just cracked... so some progress :)

I am just putting all the seeds that aren't already cracked or messed up into germination... and whatever happens happens... actually how long will it take for the seeds to germinate? Paper towel method and It has been about 1 day... 24 hours. 1 seed cracked.

They will be cracking from now to next week. They are all different. I've found some of my best plants in seeds that took forever to germinate:).

Thanks... 2 of them cracked... waiting on the others... more seeds when i smoke more reefer so i dont know which seeds i put in at what time... lol

How long do i wait for them once they crack... how long do they have to be before i put them in the ground?

really? wow im gonna put two of them in their homes right now then... thanks!

its funny i just planted my seed and my gardener saw me and was like... no i'll do it... and he did it for me and said to give water tomorow not today... should i water it regularly or just let nature do its thing... its in a small pot right now...

Well he didn't really see it... he just saw me putting soil in a pot... so i told him i like to do planting and all and i will keep this one with me... and i will water it myself.. and he just said ok and watered it one time and put some manuer and what not in it.. and thats it... Will he know what it is by the seeds? I'm scared! lol

Well...I can't think of anything else that looks like mj seeds. That is funny. Maybe he's a bud grower himself. He is a gardener:D.

lol... if he's an experienced gardner, he prob knows what it is... just didn't say nothing and smiled to himself inside ;)

well thats true... but he didn't see the seed itself.. close call... but he is a servant basically so he won't/can't say nothing lol but it doesn't matter anyways, he didn't see it. Next one i will just plant myself and keep it away from him.

Latest posts

Back