seeds in my pot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chronicman

Reaction score
i am finding a couple of seeds im one of my babies 5 weeks into flower. i am pretty sure i dont have any hermies and i havent seen flowers pop out or anything. i was wondering if it could make my other plants seed or if it was just a natural occourance and a few seeds is normal.

chronicman said:
i am finding a couple of seeds im one of my babies 5 weeks into flower. i am pretty sure i dont have any hermies and i havent seen flowers pop out or anything. i was wondering if it could make my other plants seed or if it was just a natural occourance and a few seeds is normal.

Somewhere you have male flowers = hermie
Good chance you will polenate some of the other bud.

Its probably one flower that opened and you did not see it.
Dont worry if you cant find any male flowers than it wont be too bad.

i read some where that if you get like 1-2 male pods on your planet that the seeds produced by this plant will more likey be female. i will try and find out more on this and post it here.

here we go this is what iam talking about

In most crops, careful inspection of all the females usually reveals a few male flowers. And often, when females are left flowering for an extended period of time, some male flowers will develop. If no male flowers form, you can help to induce male flowers on female plants by severe pruning. One such procedure is to take the bulk of the harvest, but to leave behind some green leaves to maintain growth (as described in the section on "Double Harvests" in section 20). Most of the plants will continue to form female flowers, but male flowers are also likely to form. At times, the plants may not grow particularly well, and may in fact form distorted and twisted leaves, but they will produce viable seeds as long as some stigmas were white when pollinated. (Remember, it only takes a few fertile buds to produce hundreds of seeds.) Pollinate the female flowers by hand as soon as pollen becomes available.

A solitary male flower on a female plant provides "female" pollen. (Also see Figure 84 for a female reversing sex.)} {Figure 83. Growth may not be vigorous, but seeds will form if stigmas are white when pollinated.}

chronicman said:
i am finding a couple of seeds in one of my babies 5 weeks into flower.
Have you seen the seeds or just the swollen seed sacs? When no pollination occurs, the sacs will fill with resin and *look* just like a seed is in them. Pop one and see if it really has a seed inside if you haven't.

goooooddd sht.

i will be most def. be attempting that sin.

what if a couple male flowers form- could you just find that first one that popped up, and pretend it was the only one- and just polinate your plant with it (getting rid of all the other flowers)--- hoping it was holding only the female genome? what do you think and/or could you find out

stoneybud i have poped more then one seed out already i would say there is probably like 15 seeds dispursed through out this 6 foot plant. worried about polinating the rest of the room

chronicman said:
stoneybud i have popped more then one seed out already i would say there is probably like 15 seeds dispersed through out this 6 foot plant. worried about pollinating the rest of the room
What a drag. I was hoping you'd say no you hadn't. Oh well, if there were no males, there would be no pot!

Good luck on the rest man!

should i cut her down or leave it. if i leave it will it it fill with seeds

more and likey it will fill with seed if you have other plants in the room then you should remove it. and if you don't then let it finsih

I am 8 weeks into flower (12-12). Just cut my big stalks and have them hanging in th closet.Left lower bud sights intact , but now I have fungus gnats. I tried a pyrethrum based bug bomb. nematodes, you name it. I am at wits end. I also found one seed in one bud on one plant. I assume it is a feminized seed? Please comment

hermies procreate hermies..."femminised" seeds from random/rogue hermies WILL pass those genes along, resulting in more hermies in future generations.
IMHO..hermies are becoming a plague to mj cultivars, ptobably due to these very "misconceptions" and poor breeding practices.

bearsbuds...http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/search.php?searchid=92105

Latest posts

Back