Seeds Under Hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANDRE MYSTIC

Reaction score
Can Anyone Tell Me If Its Ok To Put Germinated Seeds Under Hps Lamps? I Have 2 100watt Hps Lamps. Also How Far From The Bulbs Should They Be?

Keep seeds in dark until seed have sprouted out of shell. Only use a light for heat for the seeds, but you can just use a reading lamp or a heating pad.

SORRY MAYBE I DIDNT EXPLAIN MYSELF. ONCE THE SEEDS HAVE CRACKED AND I PUT THEM IN SOIL, CAN I THEN PUT THEM UNDER HPS TO START GROWING? aND IF YES, HOW CLOSE TO THE BULB CAN THEY BE?

Andre you can, but just one HPS until they get little bigger then you can put in the other one. If you going to use 100watt HPS i say start at about 1ft.

sorry about the misunderstanding. good luck.

Thanks I Am Sure That Will Help, My Last Seedlings Grew About 4 Inches In 2 Days And Keeled Over And Died, Under Fluo Lights. Thanks Again

ahh man that bites. all i've got is flours. cant afford hps or mh lights. better luck to u.

I Think I Germed Them Too Long, The Roots Were About 3/4 Of An Inch When I Put Them In Soil So That May Have Contributed To Their Speedy Demise. Glad I Didnt Spend Good Money On Seeds Though. I Guess I Should Get This Part Of The Process Down First.

Hey Gcr, Not Sure Where You Are From But I Picked Up My Hps Lamps Bulbs Included At Home Depot For Less Than 30 Per Unit, They Are Only 100 Watt Units But My Grow Space Is An Old Refrigerator So Its Not Very Big. I Cant Afford The Big Shooter Set-up Either But Hope To Someday When All My Kids Move Out.

I live in connecticut and my home depot has a whole shelf of hps bulbs but no ballest.. grr it made me mad... but maybe the guy didnt know what he was talking about

I Went To The Section That Has The Outdoor Lighting, Driveway Lights Etc. The Units I Bought Were The Kind That You Would Mount On Each Side Of A Garage Door, So The Housing Is A Bit Combersome But I Made Do

u got them for 30 bucks! what kind and everything so I can get some. My flours. are workin alright though so I'll get one wen i get the money.

Yeah No Name, Similar To That But It Has An Arm Coming Off Of It So That You Can Mount It To The Side Of Your House. Mine Take 100 Watt Hps Or Mv Bulbs Included, Read The Box, But Dont Get The Mv Bulbs They Suck. The Ones In Your Link Would Probably Work Fine And You Could Just Dismantle The Box And Rig Whatever Way You Want. Mine Are Mounted To The Inside Of An Old Refrigerator In My Garage And It Seems Like It Will Work Perfect, I Just Bought 2 Extension Cords, The Big Ones, And Cut The Female Ends Off And Did The Wiring Myself, Instructions Are Included. They Are Then Plugged Into A Timer, Also From Home Depot, And Then Into A Power Strip

Of My Lights No, Although They Are Close To The Ones In The Man With No Names Link. As Far As My Grow Chamber I Dont Have A Digital Camera Although I Will Get One Soon And Post Them Then, Sry

thanks andre youve been a big help! thanks once again to everybody.

Latest posts

Back