Seeds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
I went to post this in seedbanks and realized it don't fit there.

Well, with RC with HS, OG, and CW. Emery all being taken down, what is to become of seed banks shipping to the US.

Well, for the purpose of open discussion. This is a trend. What of the seed banks over seas? Won't they start to stop shipping here out of fear of US retaliation?

I know I went and ordered more seeds. I want 3-4 of my favorite indoor strains and grow a male for breeding purposes. My days of ordering seeds are coming to an end soon.

What are your guys thoughts?

Mutt said:
What of the seed banks over seas? Won't they start to stop shipping here out of fear of US retaliation? My days of ordering seeds are coming to an end soon.
An old rule of thumb is "Supply and Demand".

The demand won't lessen. If anything, it will increase proportionally to the population each year.

Those who are exempt from the laws in the USA and other places have nothing to fear. Holland thinks the laws for MJ in the USA are stupid anyway. The seed sellers in Holland aren't going anywhere.

Each Month, a set amount of domestic mail is opened and checked by the US Customs service. Of that mail that is opened, it depends completely on how much the person wants to dig into the package to find something. Several of the stealth methods used are pretty easy to foil beyond a casual glance. The volume of mail is your best protection in this matter. Letter mail isn't opened. It's put on a conveyor belt and dogs sniff it. If the dog alerts on a bundle of letters, the handler will open the bundle and spread it out for the dog to sniff closer. Then and only then are individual letters opened.

Anything larger than a letter has the same amount of risk in being opened as any other package. That percentage changes on a monthly basis. It's counted as tubs of mail, not pieces. During parts of the Vietnam era, 100 percent of the mail from Vietnam was opened by inspectors. Now, it's down to the 1 to 5 percent range. From Holland, I doubt it's more than one percent.

Kinda makes you feel like James ******* Bond, doesn't it?

Or maybe Al ******* Capone.

How silly. The dummies keep wasting our tax money chasing us.

its really not hard to grow soley for the purpose of making seeds, i figure one plant that was grown in ideal conditons soley for its seeds, could produce enough seeds to end your worries, and probably have a shitload of leaves to make brownies, lol

MMilitiaR said:
its really not hard to grow soley for the purpose of making seeds, i figure one plant that was grown in ideal conditons soley for its seeds, could produce enough seeds to end your worries, and probably have a shitload of leaves to make brownies, lol
How would you grow one plant for seeds?

i realised i made the mistake of not mentioning needing a male and female right after i posted, then realised i was too lazy to fix m problem, then thought "wait, if its a female, then if you let it keep flowering, itll grow male flowers and pollinate itself", then i realised it mght not always be female, so, yeah, you got me, i hope your happy :(

MMilitiaR said:
i realised i made the mistake of not mentioning needing a male and female right after i posted, then realised i was too lazy to fix m problem, then thought "wait, if its a female, then if you let it keep flowering, itll grow male flowers and pollinate itself", then i realised it mght not always be female, so, yeah, you got me, i hope your happy :(

A true female won't produce male flowers if it remains unpollinated.
If that were the case there would be no sinsemilla.
For instance, last year I grew 2 dozen plants outside. From smoking it myself and talking to med-mj patients I provide weed to we have only found a few (3 or 4) seeds.

Back when I first started growing inside, a guy I met turned me onto 8 Northern Lights seeds with the "catch" that I had to raise 1 female as a seed producer to pay him back.
I had 2 chambers, and when the plants indicated sex (2--3 weeks into 12/12) I put a male and female together in one of the chambers.
To make sure I got lots of seeds I would hold the male above the female and shake it, watching all the pollen drench the female.
That female produced a couple of hundred seeds.

Note:
just like brothers and sisters from the same parents, each plant grown from seeds from the same parents will be slightly different.

Ganja, I have always bred seeds the way you did (OD grow). pollenating the entire plant. But I have been reading about how some are just pollenating a couple of buds on a plant to get 20-30 seeds and still have unseeded bud as well on the plant for smoke. (I'm Indoor now, so throwing pollen everywhere now could potentially be a problem in clean up). of course the male will be seperated from the grow area.

Do you think this would still hurt the potency of the unpollented buds and just might as well pollenate the whole thing?

Some of the best pot I've ever smoked (Acapulco Gold, Columbian Gold) had seeds, so I don't believe that having seeds automatically lessens potency.
The instance I mentioned was when I first started out, and I wanted a variety of seeds, so I made lots of 'em so I could trade some with other growers for other strains.
The first grow book I ever read mentioned that method of pollination that you mentioned.
I had a male plant that I seperated from the others as soon as it grew balls (2 days after 12/12!). When the balls opened and it began to shed pollen I put a small paper bag over a branch that had tons of balls and left it for several days.
Then I removed the bag which by now contained lots of pollen (and ditched the male). I put the paper bag in a tight-sealing container and kept it in a cool dry place for several weeks, then I put the bag over the end of the lowest branch of a female that had developing buds and shook it up, then removed it.
The next day I sprayed the entire female with water which invalidates the unused pollen and set her back in the flowering room with her sisters.
And grew a crop of sinsemilla except for that 1 branch.
Another way to collect pollen is to cut the branch of a male off as soon as it begins to shed pollen (or just before), then put that branch in a glass of water that was sitting on a pane of glass. It will continue to live long enough to shed. Then you can scrape the pollen off the glass into a paper bag, and when ready, use a small paint brush to paint pollen onto the chose branch(es).
Of course, there should be NO air circulation during collection & pollination.

thanks Ganja. I copied that to my hard drive. Great directions.

Latest posts

Back