Seen any good concerts lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nova564t

I am my own caregiver
Reaction score
A friend and I went to see Chris Cornell last Friday night at a small venue in Aspen Co (450 max cap). He played the whole show acoustic and it just plain ROCKED!! Great show, if he comes to a theater near you I recommend it 100%.:headbang: :headbang2: :guitar: So how bout it? Seen any good shows lately??

:bump: Anyone? How bout the best concert you ever saw?

Hey nova, that's awesome! He was just recently here, but I didn't go. Man that dude has some pipes on him.

A few months ago I wanted to take my 11 yr old to her 1st concert. Linkin Park, since we both like them... Holy crap, no way was I gonna spend $80 a ticket. Her 1st concert will have to wait, lol.

I've been to 150+ concerts.. Some great ones.. Some total crap ones. One of the worst being Guns n Roses hack in their hay day, lol.

I took my younger brother to see his favorite band...Avenged Sevenfold...they rocked but everyone else was horrible.

I saw Bob Dylan at the Shoot in Seattle last year at the Shoot...

I've been to a very wide variety of shows because of Bumbershoot.

I've seen Pink Floyd 4 times, the best one was Madison Wi , Camp Randall Stadium in 1994, it was 85 degrees and rained the whole show, what an awesome night.

420_Osborn said:
I took my younger brother to see his favorite band...Avenged Sevenfold...they rocked but everyone else was horrible.

I saw Bob Dylan at the Shoot in Seattle last year at the Shoot...

I've been to a very wide variety of shows because of Bumbershoot.
Summerfest in Milwaukee is a great muic festival, Rock, Reagee, country. hip hop, whatever you want all for 1 ticket price. The big acts cost more if you want resevred seating but its a cool thing. Oh yea, and lots of BEER!!

Blackstar and Murs at Paid Dues

:48:

2006 was wayyyy better (*fist pump)

Went to Manchester in about 1985 ish and saw Fleetwood Mac one of my all time faves, with Zeppelin. Had a GF who saw LZ, in concert, things were never the same after that, the Plant wig would always fall off.:D

plant.jpg

Hey y'all, I went and saw carnival of madness..it was awesome..shinedown, sevendust, chevelle, puddle of mudd, and 10 years. I haven't been to a concert since 80 something. I saw def leopard, krokas, and Gary Moore..sorry spelled wrong. It was a great time!

OH nice...

I loved Soundgarden... I remember the first time I heard "Outshined" on the radio and I turned my car and drove directly to Tower Records on Sunset when I was living in LA to buy a copy of their CD Badmotorfinger and I loved all their CD's... It's really cool that Chris is touring acoustically but I wish that Soundgarden would do another farkin' record. :rolleyes: They got together last year to play live but now he's back to his own thing... What a band!

I'm really pumped to see that A Perfect Circle is touring again this year! :aok: I'm a huge TOOL fan and Maynard is probly my fave rock vocalist but I like APC's music even more. I saw them a couple of times years ago and they were both amazing shows. Unfortunately APC isn't going to come play in my city :mad: but they are playing a couple of my fave venues in the world... a 2000 seater venue in Atlanta called The Tabernacle and Red Rocks Amphitheatre outside of Denver. I don't get out to see too many shows so these two will be my splurge of 2011... Atlanta is about a 3.5 hour drive each way and I have a brother in Denver I can stay with so it won't be much beyond airfare, a rental car & some local high grade medz unless I mail some supplies ahead for the show...:D

WhoooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooooooo​

Rock ON~! :headbang2:

dirtyolsouth said:
OH nice...

I loved Soundgarden... I remember the first time I heard "Outshined" on the radio and I turned my car and drove directly to Tower Records on Sunset when I was living in LA to buy a copy of their CD Badmotorfinger and I loved all their CD's... It's really cool that Chris is touring acoustically but I wish that Soundgarden would do another farkin' record. :rolleyes: They got together last year to play live but now he's back to his own thing... What a band!

I'm really pumped to see that A Perfect Circle is touring again this year! :aok: I'm a huge TOOL fan and Maynard is probly my fave rock vocalist but I like APC's music even more. I saw them a couple of times years ago and they were both amazing shows. Unfortunately APC isn't going to come play in my city :mad: but they are playing a couple of my fave venues in the world... a 2000 seater venue in Atlanta called The Tabernacle and Red Rocks Amphitheatre outside of Denver. I don't get out to see too many shows so these two will be my splurge of 2011... Atlanta is about a 3.5 hour drive each way and I have a brother in Denver I can stay with so it won't be much beyond airfare, a rental car & some local high grade medz unless I mail some supplies ahead for the show...:D

WhoooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooooooo​

Rock ON~! :headbang2:
Red Rocks is cool, but you need to find the right spot as the sound bounces around in there. I've seen quite a few shows there including Soundgarden, Blues Traveler, Ben Harper and Jack Johnson.

I worked with a few bands when I was a bit younger, sound was my main job. Most noted band was Taproot (before they were known as Taproot) but I was onstage with Overkill at the Milwaukee Metalfest back several years ago!

I'd say I've seen a few hundred concerts, Metallica 8 times, Overkill and Testament a dozen times, Pantera, Dio, Kiss, Bob Seger, REO Speedwagon and even (LMAO) John Schneider (the original Bo Duke). Haven't been to one since Ozfest in Chicago a few years back!

I'll have to dig out the ticket stubs...anyone remember the Mosters Of Rock concert???

I am the reigning king of horrible concerts. I have only been to 4 concerts in my entire life, one I never saw anything, and the other 3 were flat out awful. The one I am calling the best concert I ever went to was Tom Petty. I am calling it the best concert I ever went to because I never actually saw Tom Petty. This was only the 3rd time in my life that I had smoked marijuana, me and 3 other friends all went to the concert with two joints EACH. I was stupid enough to smoke both of mine back to back during the opening act (some guy playing bongos) and drank two beers. I passed out and when I woke up I was laying in the grass and Tom Petty was playing his last song.
Even more sad is the 3 other concerts I have been to: Hootie and the Blowfish, 2LiveCrew (on spring break at a club we were in), and The Spin Doctors....pretty bad history right there.

EDIT: O WAIT! I FORGOT! I did see one really cool concert. I saw Santana play at the Hard Rock in Vegas on New Year's Eve 1999, that was AMAZING.

-SSF-

Stoners.... title says lately.

Yall b reminiscin' back 20 years loooooool :rofl:

My fav was either:
my 1st...Fleetwood Macs the Dance in 97
or
Summer Sanitarium Tour of 2000 at 3COM (Candlestick Park) ...Korn, Kid Rock, Powerman 5000, System of a Down, all opening for Metallica.

I'm going to see System of a Down in May, seeing as they are touring for the first time in like 6 years...and they're only hitting 5 cities in the US

OGKushman said:
Stoners.... title says lately.

Yall b reminiscin' back 20 years loooooool :rofl:

My fav was either:
my 1st...Fleetwood Macs the Dance in 97
or
Summer Sanitarium Tour of 2000 at 3COM (Candlestick Park) ...Korn, Kid Rock, Powerman 5000, System of a Down, all opening for Metallica.

So you make fun of us for talking about old concerts then immediately talk about a show you saw in '97?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: We may be stupid stoners, but at least we ain't hypocritical stoners! (I kid, I kid, just joking, no offense intended)

-SSF-

who said stupid??? we are all stoners ;)

and i figured id join in on the memories :48:

nova564t said:
I've seen Pink Floyd 4 times, the best one was Madison Wi , Camp Randall Stadium in 1994, it was 85 degrees and rained the whole show, what an awesome night.
Seen Floyd twice and R Waters twice. For me the best was R Waters doing "the Wall". Just frig'n incredible.

Seen Waters 3 times then David Gilmour in 06, didnt see The Wall tour. I saw Gilmour in a small theater (The Paramount in Oakland Ca) and thought he put on a better show than Waters.

I watched The Foo Fighters Live From Wembly Stadium last night recorded from a TV network called Palladia. That was a great show, next time they tour I'll be getting tickets!!

Latest posts

Back