Self watering system for growing in a tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plantbooster

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a system which I sell mainly to people who love having container plants like flowering hanging baskets and planters on their decks around their home in the summer. The system really takes the worry out of having to remember to water the plants, and does so much more accurately and on demand. There is not reason why it should not work equally as well for growing marijuana, so I am now also applying it for my grow tent setup which automatically waters my grow bag container plants based on their weight. The system uses a simple mechanical device which is adjusted to the well-watered weight of the grow bag container. As the water evaporates or is consumed by the plant and the container becomes lighter, automatically the device allows more water into the container, thus maintaining its perfect weight at all times. Each container is watered individually as and when it needs water on a 24/7 basis.
There is no timer, or any electronics involved, so each plant gets individual watering care.
A huge advantage is that I don't need to worry at all about making sure my plants stay properly watered, except for topping up my gravity water supply header tank. For my two plants, a 4 liter container lasts about 5 days, so I can go away for a while and let the plants be taken care of automatically - even if the power fails.

Any thoughts anyone?
Is it a system you think might be useful?

Attachments

• Soft planter Plant Booster platfrom setup.jpg
    Soft planter Plant Booster platfrom setup.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4844.JPG
    IMG_4844.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Grow tent setup.jpg
    Grow tent setup.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 42
Cannabis needs a wet-dry cycle. Constantly keeping the soil wet will drown the plant. I think most people on here like to tend to their plants thus the name.

Not enough control for us control freak indoor growers. Gotta go through that dry cycle!
My dad tried to overengineer his tomatoes a couple years ago with an electronically controlled version of that. They all got whatever the tomato equivalent of blossom end-rot is, went into massive calcium lockout, and split. He went back to his watering can. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but you gotta remember you aren't growing wetland plants which are adapted to anaerobic or apoxic conditions in the root zone.

>>> The system really takes the worry out of having to remember to water the plants <<<

I forget lots of things as I am, after all, a stoner. Remembering to water my plants, however, isn't one of them.

Best of luck in your endeavor.

Aeropoonics here !-- Does not concern me - I have no use for such a thing !

Latest posts

Back