Setting up a Mini-Grow

• Thread starter The Hemp Goddess
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

I have decided that I am going to set up a very small grow at Sis's house for the winter. I have a cabinet that is 7 feet tall, 3+ feet wide and 20+" deep, split into 2 sections. The interior of the upper section is 46" tall and the bottom section is 32". So I am looking at 5 sq ft. I am going to see what I can do with this.

Vegging will take place in the lower section. The footprint is not big, so I am looking at this light for vegging: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJ8B62Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1A[/ame] Alot of light for the price and space it takes up. I will flower with a 400W. I have 2 females vegging in hydro in that I am going to flower here. I will fim those 2 and probably do a bit of lst, but I think that I should be able to do 2 plants in 5 sq ft. LOL--will still be trying to hone in my cloning skills again.

I have never done anything on so small a scale, but as it is not my house, I don't want to get too invasive...I will be updating the thread as I make the cabinet into what I want it to be (and figure out how to get the pictures off my phone). The upper section houses an old TV now, but that will be going away and I will be building doors for it. There is space above the cabinet to put a fan and filter. Looking for any words of wisdom that anyone may have setting this up as this is my first mini-grow.

Well first of all, have fun. You will rock it I am quite sure. I will be watching.

The link to your light doesnt work for me, im interested for a small veg box, can u tell me about the veg light or send another link?

Dman, don't know what was wrong, but it works now. It is a 2' 12 tube T5 that boasts 30,000 lumens. It comes with 4 3000K bulbs and 8 6500K bulbs, which sounded good to me. They will give you different bulbs if requested. Price with shipping--$115!! I went ahead and bought one.

Dman, don't know what was wrong, but it works now. It is a 2' 12 tube T5 that boasts 30,000 lumens. It comes with 4 3000K bulbs and 8 6500K bulbs, which sounded good to me. They will give you different bulbs if requested. Price with shipping--$115!! I went ahead and bought one.

I just checked it out, its exactly what i wanted and price is right, thank you. :)

found this interesting.probably would not work for you,but throwing it out there anyway. hxxp://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-space-buckets[/url]

Last edited:
THG, I built a box similar to yours 15 years ago. It will work well.

Dman--good price on that light, huh? I don't have a light meter, but I would be curious to see if they really put out that many lumens.

Thanks stoned, but I don't like that growweedeasy guy and most of what he says is plain unadulterated B S. I actually have warned people to stay away from his site as it is so bad. Thanks for the thoughts though.

So, umbra, any words of wisdom.

So, finally got around to posting some pics. This is the bottom of the cabinet and all I have done right now. I have a 2' 12 tube T5 in there, 30,000 lumens. I opted for 8 blue tubes and 4 tred ones just to try a bit of a mixed spectrum. Ventilation is a small bathroom type exhaust fan that is 50 cfms. I have a small fan in the space to move air around--it does not oscillate because of the small space, but these 2 seem to work fine. I just want ahead and wired a a double duplex outlet in there. The cord for this is attached to a surge protector outside the space. Passive intake in the doors--didn't have them drilled when I took the first pic. I paid about $125 for the light and about $25 for the fan. I pretty much had or scrounged everything else but about $10 worth of electrical stuff and hardware.

View attachment Suz's Furniture 049.jpg

View attachment Suz's Furniture 051.jpg

Well that is as cute a space as I have ever seen. "I just want ahead and wired a a double duplex outlet in there" like that was nothing... Looking good kid.

i always grow in cranked spaces, one thing comes to mind, is that when using oscillating fans or dehumidifiers placed in a wrong direction, it can disrupt the airflow through the room by so much that it makes the exhaust very inefficient and the grower can end up with a storm of hot air lol

Thanks all. I am at the point now where I am going to have to get the top (flowering) part set up--they have grown since I took that picture. I am thinking a 400 HPS....checking finances as I would love to give a small LED a try, but think that may not be in the budget.

Zem, yes, smaller spaces can be hard to get everything in sync. This is the smallest space I have set up.

Looks good THG
I just got a 4 foot 8 bulb 6500K light. I'm setting it up as we speak. Cost $200
Should try a full T5 grow see how she goes.

Latest posts

Back