Setting up remote cam in my grow room. Will Infrared LEDs interupt the dark cycle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
I am thinking about putting wireless IP cams in my grow rooms so I can watch them from my computer. :watchplant: LOL

Most of the cams I see on eBay had infrared LEDs for lighting. Since I have not bought one yet, I'm not sure if you can turn the LEDs off or not.

I have other options like removing the LEDs or taping over them if they don't turn off but, I must admit, it would be cool to be able to watch my plants at night during the dark cycle with an infrared cam.

Anyone have cams set up in their grow rooms?

Thanks. Sounds like I should be OK. Now, I need to decide which cam to buy. I would like to have the capability of doing time-lapse with it.

Anyone ever try time lapse?

OK, I bought this one to start with. Some of the others were 720p and this one os only 480 but it should be OK for what I am doing.

http://www.vstarcam.com/T6835WIP-PNP-Wireless-IP-Camera-88.html

Hopefully, it will have a time-lapse feature in the application. If not, the app is open source, Linux so I guess I could write my own app or modify theirs.

Coming from China (half the price of USA buyers) so it will be a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back