sex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozer42

Reaction score
hello every one. this is my first post on this site and i have never had so many intellegent people in one place at one time. i have been reading everyone post and replys and you guys know your sh*t.

my first question starts here. i received my od seeds late this year so i will not beable to clone my od crop this year. what i want to do is determine the plants sex. i know that you set light to 12 on 12 off to force flowering, but my question is how old should the plants be before i start sexing them. (i have heard 2 weeks old). i want to sex them then put them back in veg so that i am only planting female plants out side. how long dose it take before the plants start showing sex, and how long dose it take for them to return to veg stage.

if there is a better way of doing this please let me know.

i appriciate any help form any of you dope gods.

peace out
dozer42

00000009.gif
IMO you shouldn't put your plants into flower until you see alternating nodes. as far as revegging i just did it with a widow. it takes about 2 weeks to recover. you have to remember though this causes your plant stress and plants hate stress.

you still have several months before it is too late to put plants OD. So why can't you clone them?..Cloneing them and sexing is your best answer.
Put into flower..2 weeks to determine sex.
RE-veg, a minimum of 2 weeks. More likely a month.
You are already further into the spring season(5-6 weeks) than you would be by simply taking cuts and flowering for sex now.
Since revegging "requires" 24/0 light schedule, you are then putting plants accustomed to 24 hrs of light into an environment with only 16-18 hours of light. Causing more stress, possible early flowering, hermophradism, low yeild, ect.

Latest posts

Back