Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Sexing Plants

mcdillioh

Reaction score
Well, I am a bit confused on how to go about it.

If i drop in seeds i have to wait 2 weeks then take cuttings of each one label and clone them, then i root them, then i flower them til they show sex and then i determine which are males and i scrap them. is this right?

then out of the females i look for the one which displays best characteristics and i keep that as my mother. is that right? and if i choose to keep it as my mother i do not flower it, rather just keep it in veg for clones? what traits am i looking for in a good mother?

is there another way that i can tell the sex of the plants w/o taking clones and putting them into flower? like, if i veg the suckers for extra long will they show sex?

T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

mcdillioh said:
Well, I am a bit confused on how to go about it.

If i drop in seeds i have to wait 2 weeks then take cuttings of each one label and clone them, then i root them, then i flower them til they show sex and then i determine which are males and i scrap them. is this right?

then out of the females i look for the one which displays best characteristics and i keep that as my mother. is that right? and if i choose to keep it as my mother i do not flower it, rather just keep it in veg for clones? what traits am i looking for in a good mother?

is there another way that i can tell the sex of the plants w/o taking clones and putting them into flower? like, if i veg the suckers for extra long will they show sex?
Whats up mcdillioh. MJ plants show preflowers at about 4 to 6 weeks old. So if ya keep your plants in veg for that long you should beable to tell sex without cloning.

GanjaGuru

Reaction score
Determining sex by preflowers is far from certain.

Desireble traits for a donor plant:
-short internodal spacing
-vigor
and of course high yield & potency, and taste/aroma.

It's been my experience that after a few years donor plants lose some desireble traits.

Latest posts