sexing schedule?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wont be long now. Since you're force flowering the plant it may take up to 2 weeks.

Okay, thanks for the info I'm trying to get two to flower so I can get my much better seeds started. This is my first grow and obviously am still learning but have most of my loose ends tied up. I can't wait to actually have a nice looking girl that will really knock my socks off.

I am thinking that plant looks male. You can give it some time, but it is looking awfully boyish to me.

Sexing has nothing to do with when you go to HPS--it is when you go to 12/12. A lot of time the 2 coincide, but not always. If the plant is not sexually mature, it can take a few weeks to show. If the plant was ready, it should show within a week or so.

Alternating nodes is the sign that your plant is sexually mature and ready to be flowered.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they will all be hermie because I had a nice bud that nine seeds fell out of(these are the plants from those seeds). Will a herm still produce a smokeable bud even with them as immature as they are? I have four seeds from some way better stuff I wanna get started. HG I got an enclosure and am setting up my scent killer today. I'm getting a thermometer(cuz I'm growing in the basement). My fimming went REALLY well on one plant. The plant in the pics grew the most but the other one I'm gonna put in the enclosure is a lot fuller in foliage. Just so I'm clear where will the colas grow from? Thanks WDF

Not all plants get alternating nodes before they show sex. I have a Hashberry right now that did not get alternating nodes until about a week to 10 days after it showed sex. So, while this may be the general rule, it is not always the case (still think I see male parts on that plant).

Rather than plant more hermie seeds, why not invest in some decent genetics? Check out Hemp Depot in Canada. They have some great breeders and some great prices. Or go to the single seed center and buy a few seeds of something decent. Hermy plants will still produce bud, but the potency will be lacking and the yield can be horribly affected. With a crop that is well seeded, you can expect that 75% of the bud weight is going to be in (useless) seeds. The potency also lacks because the energy of the plant goes towards producing seeds and not THC and other cannabinoids. Spending $5-10 bucks for quality genetics can give you ounces and ounces more product.

Latest posts

Back