Sexing??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damage100

Reaction score
HI

I am a newbie grower and i am having trouble sexing my plants was wondering if anyone could give me some help or advice,

Picture 98.jpg

pic99.jpg

damage100 said:
HI

I am a newbie grower and i am having trouble sexing my plants was wondering if anyone could give me some help or advice,

the ladys will have white pubs and the males balls ;)

pretty simple really

need more help than that then just hola

HGB said:
the ladys will have white pubs and the males balls ;)

pretty simple really

need more help than that then just hola

hi hgb
what would you say those pics are ? i have had what looks like balls appear on the plant but i also have the white hair on what could be balls or new buds growing really not sure lol

so i have to start all over again and throw that out ?
or would it's seeds be any good if i carry on growing it.

you can continue the grow and get some weed out of it, but do not use the seeds, they will all grow into hermies.. right?

Well the chances of any of those seeds being female are very slim. If you have other plants that are female you need to kill the hermie.if not.. let "IT" grow.Good luck.

i sat there this morning and pulled the balls of my plant there was only a small amount 9 in all and the plant is nearly 4feet tall would this help if i keep removing them . i also took some cutting from the plant way b4 any of these balls appeared would they be hermies aswell as recently my timer broke and i have messed up the 12/12by a few hours . i do have a few other plants in my 24/7 room along side the cuttings but not sure of the sex as yet?

Definatly Hermie and taking cuttings from a hermie will make a hermie also. unless your timer has been broke for for alonger period of time than just a few hours . unless you stressed it out otherways. but i would finish the cycle and smoke it and or take it out and smoke now and try your cuttings . but then again you will spread pollen thoughout your room causing seedy female pot unless you thoughly wash down your whole growroom .

hiya skunk
as a newbie i read somewhere you can flower the plant when it was about 2 feet tall but i have read since that flowering to early can cause them to stress and result into the hermie ( live and learn ) lol

you can try to flower at 6 inches if you want it will still wait till it is mature enough to flower out which is not how tall the plant is, it is when the plant has a internodel spacing with the exceptions of clones that has already distinguished maturaty.when my veg room is packed i will take a immature plant out to put into my flower room from 24/0 lights to 12/12 to distinguish m/f and sometimes depending on how immature it will take 2 to 3 weeks then if its male its outside for breeding purposes and if female it will be reveged unless i have the room . light stress will be accomplished by interupting there dark hours continuosly for app a week.on/off on/off

After posting my second post as i was unsure of white hairs growing from my balls/pods i have been doing yet more reading to try find out the sex of my plant and come across this from the "The Cannabis Grow Bible" -

"During this stage the plant continues to fill out. The plant will show its
sex clearly. The male plant produces little balls that are clustered
together like grapes. The female plant produces little white/cream
pistils that look like hairs coming out of a pod. Each of the plants will
continue to fill out more and their flowers will continue to grow. It can
take anywhere between 4 to 16 weeks for the plant to fully develop its
flowers (Figure 2.14). During this time the male’s pollen sacks would
have burst spreading pollen to the female flowers."

As it states white hairs coming out of the pod could my plant afterall be female and not hermi as stated in previous posts, as in my pics i do not have clusters of balls like grapes just one each side of new branches?
would appreciate any help or feedback.

1 ball or a cluster of balls, if it shows both sex's.."it's hermie"

Your Pic On The Left Is A Definate Hermie And Im Telling You From A Exsperienced Grower And Breeder You Do Not See The Little Stem With A Ball That Looks Like A Bannana Bunch On It Well That Is Your Male Pollen Sacs Period. If Your Pic On The Right Is A Different Pic Then It May Be Female.

no but them pollen sacs look like there gonna be ready to burst open with pollen anytime now . ? is the plant to the right different plant because i do not see any sighns of hermie on it yet . but pic on the left a definate .

if your having trouble and dont believe what were telling you then go into general indoor then scroll down to mutts marijuana sex ed and there you will see picture for yourself .

hey skunk
it's not that i don't belive the help im getting i honestley haven't got a clue and when i read that in my last post i was just hoping there could have been a small chance it wasn't a hermie after the time an money spent all the help i get is greatley appreciated.the pics are both the same plant my 1st time out of 10 seeds only 1 germinated and i have been useing a 600watt hps light they must have been bad seeds as i carn't think how i could have stressed the plant really hope i have more luck next time around.

Latest posts

Back