sexing?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokinherper

python reguis addict!!!
Reaction score
all of my plants have alternating nodes but thet all seem to be females. 13 of them are non feminized. i refuse to believe i got that lucky! i want to find the males and get them out asap. i'd like to start flowering soon. i took some pics. let me know what ya'll think.

100_2607.JPG

100_2608.JPG

100_2609.JPG

100_2610.JPG

Sorry but I can't tell with those pics. I doubt anyone else will be able too either. Cell Phone pics Suck You really got to get it more clear, closer and better detail, sorry no clue the top middle could be female but HARD to tell. Maybe turn the lights off and then take the pics with a flash or move them outside to take the pic, gotta get better pics if you want good info.

IMO you need to magnifiy and then you . yourself should be able to tell.. either 2 furry looking hairs sticking out from in between nodes or small sets of round looking pod type thingys.. JMO. Hero

2 weeks ago I posted a pic and a few people said they were girls, I wasnt convinced so flowered them.
Yep, one was a boy.
The only 100% way you will tell is if you flower them. You may get lucky and one may show balls in veg or maybe one will show preflowers but I have yet to see female characteristics on ANY of my fem plants, even the clones I know are girls.

Flower them, watch closely from about 3 days in and you will have time to get rid of the boys.

JMO W

there are good pictures of female pre-flowers in the "Sex Ed'" thread on the 'Resource' page. --> http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

That said, it's always a good idea to put them into flower before making any decision, if you're not "absolutely" certain. Several days of 12/12 will remove any doubt.

Like Hick said....there will be plenty of time to ditch the boys if they show up. It's not like they are going to do harm right away.

I just checked out my remaining Darkstar, it was put into flower last thurdsday, I suspected it was male yesterday and today I can see clearly defined balls (sort of like american footballs).
So it doesnt take long for males to show.
IME, 4-6 days for males, 6-8 days for females but I have limited experience with seeds.
W

Those kids look like they haven't quite made it to full maturity yet. I couldn't see any sign of preflowering and the nodes aren't alternating very far. I had that same issue with my "BBPunch". They started slowly alternating but no preflowers, then within a week "BAM" cods everywhere (on the males that is). Keep watching and yu will have time to yank the boys when they show up

thanks everyone! my concern is filling there (the males) place with clones. i wanted to give the clones some time in veg to catch up some. but im out of room and they are still growing ALLOT everyday. guess ill turn the lights and hope for the best.

My partner saw the males in our crop and thought the whole bunch were male cause they were all grown into each other and were like 3' tall, so he turned the lights out on them and was waiting for me to come clean out everything as he was sick. The lights stayed out for about 24hrs before I came and saw them. Interestingly, all of the plants that we couldn't tell the sex on were showing really good when I turned the lights back on, and I was able to see that only 3 of the 8 were male, snatched'em out and kept the girls runnin. They are about 3 weeks from harvest now and lookin mighty fine.:cool: If yu want to flip them, flip them and then watch real carefully for the boys to rear their heads (er balls):hubba: There's a plenty of people who disagree with me on this, and I understand, but I swear turning the lights out for 24-30hrs first when starting flower makes them jump into flower faster:)

Yeah I think newer growers need to take a deep breath and realize males are not radioactive...lol
There will be time to cull them before they pose a serious problem.

Jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
Yeah I think newer growers need to take a deep breath and realize males are not radioactive...lol
There will be time to cull them before they pose a serious problem.

Jmo

its not the pollenation im worried about. i want every available space filled on my table and with girls that have some size on them.

tokinherper said:
its not the pollenation im worried about. i want every available space filled on my table and with girls that have some size on them.

Gotcha.....that is another reason I run clones off my moms. I hate waiting for a head count. Good luck tokin.

tokinherper said:

It only takes a few days after you flip the lights for them to show. The girls aren't going to grow so much in that amount of time that it will make any difference. You can get the males out as they show and the girls will grow into the spaces they were.

Latest posts

Back