Sexual Maturity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still not sure if WW is available from seeds as both a normal and flowering variety or just as autos now. Which is it?

Thank you.

Good smoking

Hey Don the WW listed on Nirvana is NOT a auto in its description

Don,
Mine are not autos. Sorry I didn't answer directly earlier. I got mine at marijuana-seeds.nl. Mine are not fem. I got them as part of a three pack.

DonJones said:
I'm still not sure if WW is available from seeds as both a normal and flowering variety or just as autos now. Which is it?

Thank you.

Good smoking

As far as I know there is no actual WW Auto...There is the White Dwarf which as far as I know is not the WW...

ozzydiodude said:
I has been my experence that most plant start showing sexual maturity at 6 to 8 weeks when started from seeds.

I agree: preflowers start at about 6-8 weeks.

OldHippieChick said:
Don,
Mine are not autos. Sorry I didn't answer directly earlier. I got mine at marijuana-seeds.nl. Mine are not fem. I got them as part of a three pack.

Did you risk your seeds coming in a package marked "The Netherlands" over the stamp? It would seem to me that this is risky because any package from the Netherlands would raise suspicion of customs officials.

OldHippieChick said:
2dog My tent is 5 feet tall and I'm subtracting a foot for light, fan and filter clearance..... another foot for pot height and that just leaves three feet between plant base and toching the light.... I'd think I need to flip no later than 18" tall if what KK says is true about the 1/3 additional growth and just to be sure I'd probably need to top it and clone those cuttings before flipping......

I would really be for flipping them before they got 18"--I really think they will outgrow the space. Start them shorter this first time and see how much they stretch--sorry, KK, but I have never had a strain that only increased by 33%, most strains I grow double or triple in height. I cannot tell you how much you are going to hate it if they grow into the light and you have no additional height.

You should be able to see alternating nodes without glasses. I have had some strains that produce preflowers before they get alternating nodes. The hairs and balls are the hard part. Although new growth does look somewhat like hairs, I believe that after you have seen a few females, you will be able to tell the difference. (this will take glasses, however)

DonJones said:
OLDHIPPYCHICK<

If your white widow is an autoflowering variety it will do better with no change in light cycles from what I have read. Also if it is an autoflowering variety it will switch itself when it is ready regardless of what you do to it and not before.

I thought WW was always an autoflowering but now I'm seeing a lot about it being normal rather than auto.

Will somebody help out here? Is WW available as both a normal and autoflowering variety or just one type and if so which type?

Good smoking

the widow was "never" an auto, untill recent crosses with ruderallis, therefore making it not White widow at all IMO. But a WWxrudy cross.
I would really be for flipping them before they got 18"--I really think they will outgrow the space. Start them shorter this first time and see how much they stretch--sorry, KK, but I have never had a strain that only increased by 33%, most strains I grow double or triple in height. I cannot tell you how much you are going to hate it if they grow into the light and you have no additional height.
I agree with this too. most strains, plants tend to at least double in size once flowering is initiated.
LST.....;)

Strawberry Cough said:
I agree: preflowers start at about 6-8 weeks.

I have pre-flowers right now, at 4 weeks, at the 5th node.

I slept in till mid afternoon so off to a slow start. Camera battery charger didn't work so found another and havn't given up on getting pics today.
I DO have alternating nodes. Blimey!
This is day 36 so I'm baredly at the six week mark and I'm 90% sure I spotted evidence of a female last night after staring at and shining a spotlight on every single cm of the main stem till my eyes crossed - so got a smirky grin on my face but will refrain from calling it for the time being. In the weee hrs I read on another forum that the placement of the lil pistols is never directly on the main stem like the male is. This coincides with what I've identified on my plant.

I measured and at the moment the total height including the pot is 19.5" and a width of 18". She's short and wide so if this IS a female I'm gona take some clones and flip her any moment. I'm with you Hemp Goddess - I need to test this tent and would rather flower early for less yeild than have a problem in a month. Pics before the days end - promise.
Respect to Hick and Goddess and all my favorite friends for the feedback! I feel so blessed that you're watching my back.

more later.
OHC

Strawberry Cough said:
Cool! What strain?

AK47xCinderella99

I'd flip the lights to, I usually do between 12-18" just this strain I'm growin now is in slow motion, I want to take clones first, and the longest branches are maybe 4" and still pretty flimsy stems, and only have about 3 sets of tiny leaves.

Legalize freedom,

You can flip them and still take clones. It just takes longer for the clone to root.

For the qualifications you list, I think you probably will be totally able to clone for about 2 to 3 weeks after you flip them.

Good smoking.

So tell me whatcha think? I'm pretty sure this is what all the fuss is about.

028.JPG

Thanks monkeybusiness. Man it's been a month of learning - it's so exciting and I have no one in my world to share my excitement with except here - so I'm feelin' all warm and fuzzy for MP tonight.
Here's another from the top. Ain't she pretty!?!
xox
OHC

004-2.JPG

Well you've earned it! She's quite pretty indeed.
We like that warm and fuzzy feeling.:hubba:

OldHippieChick said:
So tell me whatcha think? I'm pretty sure this is what all the fuss is about.

That little baby doll could make the Playboy cover :laugh:
The bunny is already in the picture.

:aok: GROW GREEN Mojo :watchplant:

Latest posts

Back