shaded buds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kush047

Reaction score
This is my first grow,buds and fan leaves are blocking light to bottom buds,the buds that have been getting light will harvest in a couple of weeks. Do I take those when ready and leave the others to finish? I'm using a bloombox from BCNL and growing afghan kush,northern lights and royal dwarf all autos.

Buds don't necessarily need light , although the leaves definetly do. I've staggered harvest off a single photo sensitive strain by cutting a few mature buds 2weeks before actual harvest, but never an auto, don't think it works well as autos are sensitive to stress during flowering, so it may even decrease overall yeild.

IMO it depends.....if we are talking the sucker branches down low then I wldnt waste my time harvesting in sections. That popcorn bud down there never seems to really "Finish" and that is why a lot of us remove the sucker branches before flower. But if you are talking about middle buds then yeah you can harvest what's ready and let the rest keep flowering. Not sure how well that will work with Autos but i do that with 12-12 strains quite often when I hve the time and space to wait it out. Jmo

Thanx a lot peeps,very helpful. By the way these are middle nice sized buds.

Latest posts

Back