She just wont mature

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello. New here. Have had several small grows over the years.

So I ordered some seeds offline of Grand Daddy Purple. Growing in 5 gallon bucket Fox Farms Ocean Forest. Using General Hydro nutes. Started under 400 watt equivalent T5 lights with explosive growth. Then switched to 300w Mars Hydro LED. Scrog method.

Im in the 10th week of flowering. When described they said 8 weeks to flower. I know now that that was just a general description. The plant did very well and exploded with huge buds that have filled in nicely. I had a problem with the ph being too low around 5.8 and got a nutrient lockout. Plant has since recovered. Still has a few brown leaves.

I have been flushing for two weeks, every water now with molasses added with a ppm of 750 coming from drain off. I switched her under a 400 watt equivalent T5 bloom bulbs so that her clones can take up the other tent.

My question is, when I scope the trichs they are still some clear and some cloudy. With a occasional amber trich. She also isnt turning purple. Night temps get down around 70. Day is 78. I just cant seem to get her to finish. HELP.

Attachments

• ergergqg.jpg
    ergergqg.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 42
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 39
What is the molasses for? As it is used in organics, but you have been feeding with chems.

I flushed most everything out. Figured Id add a little more sugars for the end. Most everything Ive read recommend molasses. Some used the whole time. Some used at the end

Sometimes they just don't purp up. I would continue to flower and check the trichs daily. Your nute lockout might have stalled them a bit so they might take a little longer. jmo

Sometimes they just don't purp up. I would continue to flower and check the trichs daily. Your nute lockout might have stalled them a bit so they might take a little longer. jmo
Im hoping thats all it is. Ive been flushing them real good and checking the ppm on the drainage. Im just so used to doing DWC. This is my first soil indoors.

Hi phoenix. You said "My question is, when I scope the trichs they are still some clear and some cloudy. With a occasional amber trich. She also isnt turning purple. Night temps get down around 70. Day is 78. I just cant seem to get her to finish. HELP." IME some plants do not turn amber and I harvest most of my plants at the stage that you describe looking for the upper high. The purple is also IME related not only to genetics but also to lower temperatures. Some strains turn purple only when lower temperatures are induced. So what I am saying is, make sure that the plants are done or not by thorough observation and analysis. Good luck :)

I flushed most everything out. Figured Id add a little more sugars for the end. Most everything Ive read recommend molasses. Some used the whole time. Some used at the end

Molasses is used in organics to feed the microbes. No need for it in Chem grow, as there is a limited amount of microbes in the soil to feed upon it.

Have you considered going organic?

I agree with zem that some plants just do not get amber. I have also found that most "purple strains" do not really purple up without dropping the temps. I have never believed that it is a good idea to stress your plants to get a special color. The purplest plant I have ever grown is Buckeye Purple, which really did get purple without stressing the plant.

Reactions: zem
Have you considered going organic?

I agree with zem that some plants just do not get amber. I have also found that most "purple strains" do not really purple up without dropping the temps. I have never believed that it is a good idea to stress your plants to get a special color. The purplest plant I have ever grown is Buckeye Purple, which really did get purple without stressing the plant.
Yes I would consider organic, but is Fox Farms trio the only way to go

Fox Farm Trio is not organic. I wouldn't use pre-made "organic" nutrients as most of them are heavily chelated. You could start with a nice super soil and feed with teas (and other things) through the lifecycle of the plant. I buy a lot of supplies from kelp4less.

When doing organics, compost is your friend. Depending on how much you get into organics, many needed items can be found in your yard and/or grocery stores.

Latest posts

Back