shop light question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoner 420

Reaction score
i just bought a shop light fixture that holds two tubes is there a specific watt i need for sufficent growth through the whole process... i have two 25 watt basic shop light bulbs and two 13w compact fluro.... can i use all of these and it work for the flowering stage... i have had them on all day and they have woken up and r standing straight and strong now i had a bull crape regular light bulb and it was a misstake but know i have changed them they r looking better... if anyone has any suggestions pls reply so i can get some pics in here to let u guys see the growth...
Oh yeah i am only trying to grow one or two plants maybe three if i can use these bulbs so pls reply and i will get a journal started.

How bigs your area?

Shoot for 50w per sqft and 5000 lumens per sqft.

They will work obviosly as your plants have already responded, but depending on your size of your cabinet/room, you could swap the 25w for 40w and the 13w cfls for 42w from walmart.

i have just finished fixing the back of my closet so that i can have more room... the area i am useing is 4'x2.5' it is the back wall of my closet that i have hung the shop light and the cfls but i have 4 plants in a line uder the shop light... i only want to grow about three females but i read that the sex does not show until the pre-florwing stage so i have to grow atleast 5 so i have a good chance of atleast one female... another question i have is if i end up with hermies will they produce buds or will they b like the males and no good.... so do u think i have enough light for atleast 4 plants... i am also going to put a 24'' fluro light on the wall so what watt should i get
i will post a pic today of my grow area and the sprouts so u can give ur advise.. Ur advise is helping me so much i really appricate ur help and the help of other i am a newb and this is my first grow...

thanks for the help guys it is improveing my first experience

well, Im assumming you are not using the whole space at the moment...You def dont have optimal lighting for your space, but MJ is a weed and will grow w/o optimal conditions. Those flouros will get them growing through the veg stage, but not gonna do dookie for flowering (still cont. adding lights...switch those bulbs out for higher watts/lumens)....There are some guys on here that have grown MJ through the whole process with flouros, (maybe they'll chime in)...I would recommend trying to save up for a 250 or even better a 400w hps... www.insidesun.com has some econo 400w systems for like $85-100 on ebay plus shipping or visit their website...they are on the front page.

More watts...more lumens...better overall MJ in regards to potency, yield, etc.

you only want females...do you want a crossdresser hitting on your grils???

no ur right i don't want crossdressers hitting on my girls ... but i don't have the cash to go get a new ballast for a mh bulb or even a hps bulb and ballast so i am going to put some more fluros in the area when they get a little bigger so i have the light for flowering i am also going to bump the shop lights up to a 40 watt bulb then when i get ready to force flowering i will put one 24'' fluro and two more 18'' fluro... do u think if these r setup right they will b enough for flowering... i have also put alot of aluminum foil around the plants .... a little question where do i go to start a journal for my grow pls reply and i will take some pics so yall can watch and help me learn this stuff.........

thanks for the help i am a newb and this is my first grow they r bagseed but i am hopeing to do this one so i can get some misty or purple power seeds and get some great smoke................................

Latest posts

Back