Shopping for a Carb Filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixx

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a Fan/Filter... My grow space is 8x8x7, 1K HPS.
I found this at HTG Supply. From what little research I have done this sounds like it is more than enough for my space.

Can anyone confirm or deny ?? Is this a good buy ?? Can anyone speak for this product good, bad or otherwise ?? Or does anyone have other suggestions ??

Thx in advance for any input... I am just trying to ensure I make a sound purchase.

A GrowBright 4" Inline Fan & Carbon Filter Combo
Product Number: ODR-GB4CMB

hxxp://www.htgsupply.com/Product-A-GrowBright-4in-Inline-Fan-&-Carbon-Filter-Combo.asp

The fan is to small if you wish to exchange your air about 3 to 4 times per minute, which imo you should. your light is also not enough if you wish to get 5000 lumes/sqft

I have mobile Mylar walls inside the 8x8... I am actually only using just a tad over 4x4.. So I have room to go in and walk all the way around.
IMG_201-750.jpg
Like I said... I did very minimal research so far... I read to elimimate odor effectively I should aim for a rating that will change the air in my room in 5 mins or less.
Are you saying I should aim for something bigger. maybe a 6", higher CFM, and a bigger filter... Or Is the filter OK... Just need a bigger CFM rating ??

Thx for the response

the filters has to correspond with the fan or you will be sucking the air too fast to be effective.

The light only gives off so many lumens. So if you are in a 8x8 room but only have plants in a 4x4 area the light does not know this and you are still wasting light. If you move you mobile walls into a 4x4 size then you will be ok

I would go with a 6" vortex or some thing similar around 450 cfm

The mobile walls are already in a 4x4 size... Were on the same page there.
I guess better to have more, than not enough for the filter huh ?... I'll go with the 450.

Thx

Latest posts

Back