Shopping for new light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
Looking for a new LED light for my new 2x4 veg tent. My flower tent has the spider2000 in it which I love but is kinda pricy and I ya not need all that power in a veg tent. Any ideas of a new led that won’t break the bank I can hangin my new 2x4 tent? Right now my vegging plants are under a pole light with four led heads with no tent. They are perfectly happy with the cheap plant light but I’m running out of room there this time of year with extra plants.

I use 4 of these to veg, same power use as a 60w incandescent. Veg em 3-4’ easy. For clones I use 2 bulbs 12” over the dome.
You can’t get much more efficient then that.
01DAAAA6-2ED4-4422-81D5-A9FD6059D967.jpeg
943EF1E5-CE7A-4A95-9B8C-2F2E76FE1193.jpeg
AB378B49-49E6-4AFF-B26C-4638B26564F1.jpeg

The only change I’ve been wanting to make for a long long time now and just haven’t found the time; I’d like to paint the insides of the fixtures pure white. Haven’t found a need, but I do know the fixtures are absorbing some useable light.

I use 4 of these to veg, same power use as a 60w incandescent. Veg em 3-4’ easy. For clones I use 2 bulbs 12” over the dome.
You can’t get much more efficient then that.View attachment 293496View attachment 293494View attachment 293495
Nice and will consider it but I really like how the plants love the LED light in veg and flower in my other tent. I can really notice the difference in the plants prattle the moment I put them in the tent too. Looking also at the spider farmer 1000 which may be suitable a little easier on the pocketbook but I don’t want to make a cheap move here since this project is also my new hobby

They are LED. 15w LED that replaces 32w CFL. The plants didn’t notice the switch from CFL. The plants still require a week of 24/7 under 1k MH and a decent fan speed before the switch to flower to really fatten up those stems and acclimate them to intense light. The LED replacements add no extra heat. If anything they generate a tad less and also produce a tad less light, but for veg I’m a minimal grower. If I veg under something like a 400w MH then my veg area becomes massively overgrown before it’s time to flower.

**if I had multiple flower rooms I’d be encouraging the extreme growth and solely using MH to veg. But going max potential in veg can have some massive stretching during the flip; and 7 foot plants are far from ideal for my space. Plus like I said, they just veg way too fast for me personally. So the cost savings is welcomed along side slower growth…

I kinda like the color spectrum thing and the ability to also use the light for flower if I wanted to although that’s not my plan for now. Looking at your bulbs now. Thanx

I am really liking that Tsl 2000 from mars hydro.
Usually around 300 bucks but I am sure will be on a 4/20 sale coming up.
It fits that 2x 4 perfect.

I leave my tent door closed when it’s cold to try and retain the heat. It’s almost no heat at all. Entire fixture is 60w.

I am really liking that Tsl 2000 from mars hydro.
Usually around 300 bucks but I am sure will be on a 4/20 sale coming up.
It fits that 2x 4 perfect.
Exactly. Why only for veg? TSL 2000 perfect, like others say, "420 sales right around corner."

Turn it down for veg. Turn it up for flower, and you can stagger grows for continuous harvests

Bubba

4 bulbs and a fixture from Lowe’s is like under 50$, uses 60w, and is 2x4’. I use it in a 5x5x6.5 so to me is seems like a great light for your specific need.

I've clearly been throwing money at a problem with much cheaper solutions.

Incidentally, I think Mars started their 4/20 sale last month on ebay. Wondering if they will drop prices more on the 20th.

I've clearly been throwing money at a problem with much cheaper solutions.

Incidentally, I think Mars started their 4/20 sale last month on ebay. Wondering if they will drop prices more on the 20th.
I see they have one 2000 left but I heard somewhere maybe here that eBay had some less quality mars lights than going to mats for them. I’m not sure why I remember that.

Exactly. Why only for veg? TSL 2000 perfect, like others say, "420 sales right around corner."

Turn it down for veg. Turn it up for flower, and you can stagger grows for continuous harvests

Bubba
Want to verify that it will fit in my 2x4 tent can’t find the dimensions

**if I had multiple flower rooms I’d be encouraging the extreme growth and solely using MH to veg. But going max potential in veg can have some massive stretching during the flip; and 7 foot plants are far from ideal for my space. Plus like I said, they just veg way too fast for me personally. So the cost savings is welcomed along side slower growth…
I know what you mean about slowing down the veg growth I can’t have monsters either to put in the flower tent. I don’t have the headroom but I do like to veg probably longer than average going by the pics I see of plants being put into flower by others. Some look like babies to me…

Latest posts

Back