Short Plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombbudpuffa

Sweet Cheeba Chiefa
Reaction score
Okay, i've got a month old Papaya plant that's only like 8 inches tall. It's super bushy though and i'm using lst(started it at four nodes, about two weeks in). Now, my question is when using lst does it stop vertical growth or stunt it? I have it in like a 2' x 2' space, about 300w of cfls, humidity at about 60, super air flow, using general hydro. nutes for hydro(growing in soil though), temp stays at a constant 85. So, does this strain grow super slow or am I doing something wrong? Thnx!

bombbudpuffa said:
when using LST does it stop vertical growth or stunt it?
Hey bbp, LST causes the top growth hormone in MJ to be dispersed to other branches, causing them to grow faster and more robust.

During the initial redirection of the hormone holding top growth, yes, it does slow the growth slightly in that one particular branch. The increased growth of the offshoot branches will make the total mass of the plant increase proportionally however, with a total end result being more tops and more bud weight in restricted space.

So short and bushy(which she is, has about 7 main bud sites) is regular. I also think i'm having a mag. prob too...could this contribute to the slow growth? Thnx!

bombbudpuffa said:
So short and bushy(which she is, has about 7 main bud sites) is regular. I also think i'm having a mag. prob too...could this contribute to the slow growth? Thnx!
What makes you think you have a Mg problem? A simple test is to put one teaspoon of Epsom salts in your next gallon of water and see if the plant reacts favorably. If so, then you had a deficiency. You'll need to add it consistently from then on. A shortage of Mg can cause a lessening of N take-up. That could account for slow growth if it indeed is the problem.

I'm getting yellow leaves at the bottom of my plant, followed by necrosis on the plants tips. I know it's not nitro def. cus my soil has adequate amounts(ammonium sulfate) and i'm not overwatering and calcium and mg are the only thing I can think of that could be my problem. Can you "underfeed" your plant with nutes? I still haven't given any of them full strength at a month old and they all have the leaf problem.

Are they rootbound???What kind of soil do you use??I know,its just me.:rolleyes:

bombbudpuffa said:
I'm getting yellow leaves at the bottom of my plant, followed by necrosis on the plants tips. I know it's not nitro def. cus my soil has adequate amounts(ammonium sulfate) and i'm not overwatering and calcium and mg are the only thing I can think of that could be my problem. Can you "underfeed" your plant with nutes? I still haven't given any of them full strength at a month old and they all have the leaf problem.
A deficiency in Mg will cause a lockout of N.

If the Epsom salts work, then that's your problem. If there is no change, and you haven't been over watering, then your nute strength may still be too strong or mixed improperly. Is it a one part mix?

Are they rootbound???What kind of soil do you use??I know,its just me.
Lol, no and it's not the soil, I mix that myself, always have. Thnx though.
Is it a one part mix?
No, it's a three part mix. I doubt if it's too strong, like I said, I'm still only giving them half nutes, no sign of burning. I also stopped adding peroxide last night and when the lights came on today they looked VERY happy...too much peroxide just might be my problem. I'm going to wait a couple of days before I add anything else to the mix an see what happens...i'll report back then!

Latest posts

Back