Should I adjust pH for Foliar Feed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cardgenius

Reaction score
I just got a bottle of liquid Kelp Extract and it says the best application for it is to foliar feed. So I made a batch per the instructions (2oz/gallon) and tested the pH and it’s way high at 9.6. Should I bring the pH down into the proper range or does it matter when foliar feeding? Thanks!

If you add a drop of mild soap to the bottle and use a super fine mist it helps a lot, it doesn't form droplets like a magnifying glass. I'm more afraid of powdery mildew so I feed lights on, but really really sparingly and with surfactant. I recall umbra uses Southern Ag Spreader Sticker religiously.

I have never bothered. But to be safe it's not a bad idea to bring it closer to neutral. That's pretty high.

That seems like the safe bet.

Bottle also said to spray in early morning or late evening when temps are low for outside growing(no indoor instructions) so I think I’ll spray an hour or two before the lights go on. Give it time to soak in before the lights burn off the excess moisture so there’s no mildew issues?

That seems like the safe bet.

Bottle also said to spray in early morning or late evening when temps are low for outside growing(no indoor instructions) so I think I’ll spray an hour or two before the lights go on. Give it time to soak in before the lights burn off the excess moisture so there’s no mildew issues?
I think that's a happy medium as long as you can do it without disturbing their nap time. You got a green light?

if you have it, use a touch of aminos and fulvic with the kelp. BAM!! almost overnight they'll be a nice dark green. best "snap outta it" tincture out there. excuse me while the covid makes me rabid with some cazadores

Latest posts

Back