Should I prune these? 10 days into flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cptgold

Reaction score
Hi!
I switched the light schedule for these 10 days ago. I haven't done much pruning other than removing ugly leaves, and some low shoots at mid-veg stage. I've never had plants this dense before, not sure if good or bad :)
So should I just lay back and let them do their thing, or can I put in little work for a better reward?

• Strain: OG Kush.
  • Medium: Light soil for seedlings, mixed with ~10 % perlite, ~15 % vermicompost. Leca in the bottom for drain. Total 10 L each. From seed until ~15 cm (6") height I used the same mix but no vermicompost yet.
  • Light: Mars Hydro TS-1500, veg 20/4, flower 12/12.
  • Additional nutrients: BioBizz Bio-Grow with every watering with start about two months after they were planted in the medium above. Added Bio-Bloom and and Top-Max to the water since the light switch.
  • Side note: They're quite old, seeded them on my balcony last summer, but come fall and not enough sun light. Moved them inside as natural 12/12 schedule was coming and they were still only about 10 cm (4") high at the time.

Attachments

• 20210327_150136.jpg
    20210327_150136.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210327_150250.jpg
    20210327_150250.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 42
I keep my plants pruned up pretty good. No light gets through your plants and it is a breeding ground for mold and mildew.

Nice healthy looking plants though. Keep in mind all those fan leaves are suckers and take away from the plant putting energy to the flowers.

it’s not to late to prune

my pruning and defoliating are all done in veg , then given a couple weeks to recover , then flipped into flower

Hi!
I switched the light schedule for these 10 days ago. I haven't done much pruning other than removing ugly leaves, and some low shoots at mid-veg stage. I've never had plants this dense before, not sure if good or bad :)
So should I just lay back and let them do their thing, or can I put in little work for a better reward?

• Strain: OG Kush.
  • Medium: Light soil for seedlings, mixed with ~10 % perlite, ~15 % vermicompost. Leca in the bottom for drain. Total 10 L each. From seed until ~15 cm (6") height I used the same mix but no vermicompost yet.
  • Light: Mars Hydro TS-1500, veg 20/4, flower 12/12.
  • Additional nutrients: BioBizz Bio-Grow with every watering with start about two months after they were planted in the medium above. Added Bio-Bloom and and Top-Max to the water since the light switch.
  • Side note: They're quite old, seeded them on my balcony last summer, but come fall and not enough sun light. Moved them inside as natural 12/12 schedule was coming and they were still only about 10 cm (4") high at the time.
gday
i totaly agree with @putembk
get rid of those fan leaves
cheers

Latest posts

Back