should i start flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flight175

Reaction score
i want to flower my bagseed plants cus i am starting to grow my northern lights. my plants don't have alternating nodes yet but i want to get them outta the light asap so i can put my NL under the good lights. can i start flowering them?

It would be best if you waited a little longer and let 'em mature a bit. Have you topped them at all? that will speed up the lower growth some. Dont rush the Northern strain.

i havent topped them yet i think i'm gonna do that today. i want to rush these so i can make way for my NL. when i grow my NL i plan on taking it slow and growing max yeilds. can't wait for the NL buds yummm =)

Sup Bro, Couple a questions how long have they been in veg. and how big, tall and bushy are they? You can start flowering, waiting would produce more but as long as the plant is strong enouph to hold the flowers go for it,the buds will most likely be thin and small but whatever its bagseed and you have nl coming.

:)DA MILKMAN:)

they're probly about 6 inches tall and 2 weeks into vegging.

I would wait until at least week 4. Alternating nodes is best. (sign of plant maturity)
I attached a picture showing what alternating node look like.

altnode.jpg

altnode1.jpg

okay, i think i'm gonna just wait for the alternating nodes. my hps lights should be here anytime now. soon i'll be smokin good and free =)

If you have enough room you could just put your NL's under a 24 hour light, but after 12 hours move the old clones to a dark closet and leave the NL right where there are. Then after another 12 hours, place them back with the NL's. It is a lot of work to swap plants but if you have the time, room and patience it might be worth it. Just a suggestion, good luck!

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb said:
If you have enough room you could just put your NL's under a 24 hour light, but after 12 hours move the old clones to a dark closet and leave the NL right where there are. Then after another 12 hours, place them back with the NL's. It is a lot of work to swap plants but if you have the time, room and patience it might be worth it. Just a suggestion, good luck!

TGT

yeah man this is a good idea. it really wouldn't take to long just a couple minutes out of that day to swap them. i was planning on doing something like this. think i'm gonna wait a couple weeks though for the current plants before i put in flowering cycle. i started the bagseed plants from seedlings. hope i get a female out of one of them. i just want to make a momma NL and clone from there then i'll get all the good buds I want no more messing around with seeds.

Latest posts

Back