Should i Start Flowering???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tropical Sativa Man

Cannabis is bad BC it´s not gender-neutral
Reaction score
Alright, this is probably going to be a lot, but I Need to explain everything to provide a background.

Today, is 7/25. I have 11 plants, two of which I transplanted outdoors. 9 plants indoors. I started growing 6/5. My oldest plants are 50+ days old now, and they are 100% sativas. However, these plants look like they are only 30 days old because I had a 3-week period where the plants had no growth at all or microgrowth. I had the plants in these 1 quart or 1 liter pots, and I didn´t realize that the roots had already filled up the containers when they had only 4 sets of leaves. I tried to figure out what was wrong with the plants and why they were growing for 3 weeks, and finally figured out the buckets were too small. I guess pure sativas grow bigger faster roots.

I transplanted all into 5 gal buckets, and all the plants are doing excellent now. But they are still a few weeks behind. Most of them are getting to the point of sexual maturity now, but not quite there - almost. I can´t help but notice how big they are getting and how they are already filling these 5 gallon buckets. I want to go ahead and flower now because I heard pure sativas stretch for 4-8 weeks once you flip the lights to 11/13 (recommended by Kalifa Genetics for tropical sativas). In other words, they say these sativas won´t begin to flower for 4-8 weeks after you switch to 12/12 or 11/13. And they are already damn-near 60 days old.

I just topped 3 plants, so should wait? I also heard that no new growth occurs during the flowering stretch. So does this mean that the nodes stretch but no new leaves grow after I switch to 12/12 or 11/13? I would think the plant grow new leaves and finish getting mature during the final stretch before it begins flowring. I am so confused. I really miss growing outdoors in Northeast Indiana! It was so easy back then. Just find a good spot and MN does the rest for you.

anyway, I am looking for info about the flowering stretch and whether or not new leaves will grow or if no new leaves will grow and only the nodes will space out. Thanks in advance.

pics and if you just transplanted or topped or any kind of stress to a single plant i say give em 2 weeks to recover and get back on track thats my rule of thumb before flipping ect. but they will blow back up with leaves and be a nice canopy again and new growth even if you trim the plants almost down to no leaves.

Latest posts

Back