Should i trim some of the leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skoomaman

Reaction score
k this plant is 4 months old, i started it indoor then it was moved outside. I know you have to trim leaves in order for the bud areas to get light but i have no idea what leaves to trim off, should i clear some of the large old leaves?

also could someone tell me around what time should i plan on harvesting?

since it is outside should i still be giving it any nutes?

I could be wrong because I don't know where you live, but what you have is a plant that has budded early. It looks like the bud on it is ready to smoke or very close. You tricked it into budding by sticking it outside. If you let it grow more, the buds will dry up and die and the plant will vegitate all over again. It looks very stoney to me, so if it was mine, I'd pick it now and start a new grow. Oh and nutes depends on if you plan on smoking the buds that are on it. If you do, then don't use any more nutes. If you plan to revegitate it, nutes are fine.

I suggest you look up how to reveg and then trim accordingly. Then you'll have some bud, have some clones, and still leave that plant to grow more

skoomaman said:
I know you have to trim leaves in order for the bud areas to get light

That is not correct. The leaves are what turns light, co2, and nutes into THC. IMO, it is never a good idea to trim leaves off.

This plant is budding. What light regime was it under prior to putting it outside? How long has it been outside? I would let it go and not cut anything now. The bud still looks really immature--I don't think it would be a good smoke now.

If you had it indoor @ lets just say 18 hours of light,then put it outside to get,lets say,14 hours of light(more like 11)yes the plant will be tricked into flowering.Depending on the strain but Ill give it 3 weeks then,most likely,your plant will get accustom to the new lighting regimine and re-vert into veg.
The fingers on your leaves should reduce prior to the re-veg.By letting your plant re-veg you'll see a bunch of new tops(sites for more flowers). I think

At thats stage it would have a couple more months to go before you pick that. That smoke would not get you high at all. Never trim leaves by themselves. If you have to do any trimming it would be the lower branches not getting light or a couple small bud areas at the bottom not getting light. That directs more energy to the top to help those buds grow bigger.

:yeahthat: :goodposting:

sayin that bud is ready to smoke from a photo is poor advice.
check the trichs and only harvest when ready.
I don't know your zone so I can't say for sure but probably what happened is that this has a significant amount of indica genetics and your day hours, well, if they are say 13.5 or less, that will slam the plant into flowering irrespective of size or maturity.
EG My daylight hours are 13 right now. I brought a 50% hybrid (I know the genetics) that was vegging in the grow room at 16/8, outside, and in 2 weeks it went into bud. Right now it is 5% amber so I am going to watch it more closely. I suggest you do the same.

i am in southern ontario.

i knew it would flower once i put it outside because when i posted some pics of the thing while it was indoors it was confirmed to have already begun flowering. also it has been indoor for 3 months in veg(17/7) before i moved it. im pretty sure this plant is mostly sativa as it only has one main stalk and does not branch off at all except for the buds now.

The buds have begun to form and they are all crystaly its just the shity camcorder picture that you really cant see. i will post some better pictures later today and maby that can help you guys tell how much longer this has to go(my first grow so i really dont know what tells me when its really done).

Latest posts

Back