Should I?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Toby

Space CowBoy
Reaction score
Hi all, I was thinkin about tying down 1 or 2 of my largest plants cos they are touchin the roof of my greenhouse but the thing is that the stalks are pretty firm and are about the thickness of my thumb, how would i go about this without snappin my plants in half?

Start by grabbing hold somewhere several inches below a top, and clowly bend it toward the ground...gauge how far you can go by the resitistance being offered by the plant...DO NOT over do it. Take it to what feels like nearing a breaking point, then back off a bit...that'd be the angle to anchor it to with a string looped around the stalk in such a manner that doesn't constrict future growth.

1001_3588.jpeg

1001_3591.jpg

1001_3592.jpg

Thanks will, i am gonna attempt it later tday once i get rid of this hangover, hair of the dog and all! Im afraid im gonna snap it but it has to be done, Those pics should help me out, i will actualy post up a few pics myself of the finished article tday or tmro!

1001_3594.jpg

loops are better than knots

1001_3900.jpg

should you happen to bend too far, a paper clip slid parallel to the stalk over the bend will fix it right up

1001_3902.jpg

then weeks later you recover the paper clip...the bud...and the satisfied feeling of having recylced that paper clip instead of it being wasted on holding documentation together....what a waste!

remember that if you cant get it over as far as you want.....you can go as far as you think possible. tie it there for a few days...the plant will relax a bit and then you can pull it a little farther...you can eventually get it where you want it. dont have to do it all at once

Ok so i just tied my plant down and its doin fine but the reason for this drastic action was cos she got so tall and was touchin my greenhouse roof. At night time a fair bit of condensation builds up and i think that is what caused the mould on the top of the plant, check out the pics of my girl all bondaged up and some pics of the mould aswel, need help big time getting through this.

bondage1!.jpg

Bondage2!.jpg

mouldy.jpg

mouldy2.jpg

mouldy3.jpg

Latest posts

Back