shows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vitocorleone

MuscularGermanCyborgJew
Reaction score
Bill Hicks said that watching T.V. is like throwing black paint on your third eye.. but he wasn't talking about shows like Deadwood, Avatar- The Last Airbender (probably alone on this one), Weeds (thank you LdyLunatic) and Prison Break.. Anyone else know of any really good shows to watch while you're stoned?

i am so embarassed... i had an honorable mention in your post :eek: :)

so glad you enjoy the show....now i need to ask where you from?? if you live in Canada i can tell you about a few different ones i love on Showcase....it is our equivelant to the American Showtime channel :)

actually....let me leave you with this link to the first episode of Trailer Park Boys....it is an East Coast Canada comedy....low budget...but high comedy value...:D they actually have a big movie hitting theaters in a couple months

now let me just say something about this before you view...they all know the cameras are there....they speak to the cams...it is filmed as a documentary of Julians life :D

TrailerParkBoys

Animal Planets "Most Extreme"
National Geographic "Lockdown" series, and a lot of there animal shows
Discovery's "Dirty Jobs" I absolutely love that show.
Spike TV's "Good pets gone bad" or "Most extreme crashes" and stuff like that.
History channel when nothing else is on. been happy lately as they have had the "Band of Brothers" Re-runs
Pretty much it. "Weeds" second season I have to wait until DVD. :(

we've been on a bit of a run of downloading whole series but they always start well but get really annoying after a short while for the following reasons

prison break- great idea, crappy acting
lost- inertia, two whole bloody series and nothing has happened yet
24-gets more ridiculous as it goes on
surface-progressively more stupid
and don't get me started on threshold, Christ! that was awful, mrs sombro seemed to like it though!
The one we both liked to the end was invasion, creeping tension,decent acting and plot.Although Russell was supposed to be Cuban! Ever met a Cuban (or any latino) called Russell?? Perhaps he changed his name after moving from Castros communist hellhole to Bush's free-market economy heaven.

More positive experiences were to be found downloading stuff from the UK, Green Wing and Saxondale both pretty good but the daddy of all downloads has to be a BBC nature series, Blue Planet,Planet Earth,Walking with dinosaurs,Walking with beasts,Life on earth and now the Life of mammals. Fantastic camera work and always great entertainment if you're baked or not.

it's bedtime for baby S so i'm off for a couple of J's and to watch the next "mammals" ,meat eaters next hoorah!!

how about the good old 1's like gilmore girls or ER or boston legal, i like the funny ones like these and the unit, ncis, criminal investigation, but not law & order; this 1 was finished years ago. the space channel has some good stuff, as well as the history channel and A & E. Grey's atonomy and a few others are fair. lost is not supposed to make sense or haven't ya figured it out yet; even the writers dont have an ending or direction. fer a low budget film, they have survived in a market that is supreme fer the term "cut throat"; unfortunately its probably going to go the way of the X-Files and turn to crap.

d00d it's true the first couple episodes of Lost had me totally freaked out and questioning my existence- I was watching those things back to back for days but now it's kind of.... what now.... as far as prison break goes yah the acting is horrible [i keep thinking they rounded up all the talent outside of a 24 fitness] but that is part of the charm and didn't you know michael schofield is so intelligent it's like he has super powers so it doesn't matter how he acts and i love the ultra-high strung super neurotic pill popping fbi agent... 'all i want from you is 1500mg of trazapam every 30 days!!.... ' but i can see how this 2nd season could get really lame really fast....i just started using limewire and DC++ last year- all the free brand new movies, commercial free television, comics, and video games i could ever want... i was hooked for awhile but i think i've burnt myself out... or maybe i'm just waiting for season 6 of smallville to start up...no way man... there is no way i am watching that... maybe just half an episode every once and awhile... no way.. not even one... can't let down my guard not even for a second...

don't get me started, lol...i have been on an anti-reality protest and demonstration for 2 years now. anyone who will listen email the stations say enough!!! lol

seriously, though...that 70's show is a good one. also, ghost whisperer, and supernatural...and my name is earl. there's always alf on dvd!

hey im a sci-fi freak and supernatural is LAME. but LOST keeps ya guessing. I notice invasion and surface did not come back; they were both way too phoney and lets see what happens with jericho. the reality shows are getting worse every year with survivor leading the pack. they started this season with spear guns to fish with...... the pits when the first year they had rice. and the amazing race - aint no more.
Please watch the cussing. As I've said, abbreviations like *** are not allowed either, because of what they mean.

Thanks, Stoney.

Latest posts

Back