Sick Autoflowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazedu812

Reaction score
IMG_0933.JPG
IMG_0934.JPG
IMG_0935.JPG
IMG_0936.JPG

Type-Amnesia Haze Auto Flower
Medium-Foxfarm Ocean Forest
Age-15 days old
Lights- Starting off with CFL's Will Go to HPS when Bigger
Watering- Should be right amount /letting them get dry then water
PH- Around 6.5-7 (PH'ing the water before watering)-(Bottled water no chlorine)
Nutes-None yet
3 Plants
Closet Grow
Have fan to pull heat away/Plenty of air exchange happening

Ok, It looks to me that I have two problems:

1) It looks like Nute Burn- Tips are getting brown plus the yellowing on one of the plants.

2) It possible I had the lights too close on the plant that has the most yellow because the Leaves we cupping up.

3) No nutes were added. Straight Foxfarm Ocean Forest.

This is not my first grow.

This is my first Autoflower grow.

I did exactly the same steps as my other 4 grows and did not see anything like this with the plants at such a young age?????? The difference is these are auto flowers and I was doing Northern Lights Fem non auto's.

My 4 other grows were extremely successful.

What steps I have taken:

1) I was thinking possibly my CFLs were too close so I moved them up. (because I was seeing cupping in the PIC 1 plant)

2) Because it looks like Nute burn(I hear Ocean Forest can be hot on seedlings) I did a Flush on all three plants this morning.

3) You cannot see the cupping so much on the one plant(the pic with the most yellow PIC 1) because I flushed it and right now all of the plants are drooping a little.

4) The lowest leaves on all of them look like nute burn??? Only one (the one with the most yellow PIC 1) almost looks like a deficiency????

Any ideas??????

Edit- One difference between my last grows and this is that these cups are clear? The other grows were red could this be an issue?

Last edited:
I have really never gotten into autoflowering plants, but in general, you should not put plants into clear containers. The roots do not like light and the presence of light will encourage the growth of algae. Also, if you do have nute burn, flushing will not help. You cannot flush out organic nutrients in organic soil.

Yes, I think you are right about the clear cups. That is the only difference between this grow and the others.(Other than auto flowers) The flush seemed to help, the damage has not gotten any worse. I moved the plants to 3 gallon containers this morning. That should stop the light on the roots. Thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Back