Sick Girl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL--that I do. Espresso and I have been PMing trying to get her baby back to health. She did not have a journal.

I really would like to know what the roots look like. If water temps are not kept in check and you do not have healthy white roots, then anything else we do is not going to matter. I am also wondering if the Water Farm is keeping the res oxygenated enough since I don't believe that there is an air stone in the bucket is there? There is just so much to hydro. However, one of the things I like about it is how fast the plants react to changes in their environment and nutrient regime. This can be good and it can be bad--you do need to keep on top of it.

Have you a journal of this grow, as I believe THG has the jump on me regarding your grow data?....lol

"V"

ps I still see the cause of this as mis reading the dwc tools, so easy?

I do have a journal i started after realizing I need to test PPM and PH and temp every day. I did not think my readings change so fast. the grow feels like it went from 0 to 60 in a weeks time.

Thanks All

Originally nutes were at 221 ppm. She upper her nutes to about 400 ppm. You think she needs to cut this by 1/3?

Espresso, try to get your pH down some at least to about 5.8. There are simply too many nutrients that he plant cannot uptake in hydro with the pH at 6.2.
Will do thanks

Just a suggestion; you will see your pH continually drift and swing back and forth as the plants take in nutrients and water. I have found with mine that the plants like it when the pH is set at one end of the allowable pH range and then allowed to drift to the other end over a few days, then it has to be either reset back to the first end of the pH range, or the reservoir has to be changed out with fresh nuted water. Some nutrients seem to drift differently than others. With the nutes that I use, the pH will drop as the plants use the nutrients and water, so I set my pH at 6.0-6.2, then it drifts down to 5.2-5.4 over a few days. At that point I add more water (to a larger hydro system) and adjust the pH back to the 6.0-6.2 position and allow it to drift again.

In a smaller system, and/or with different nutrients, that drift can be different. If you watch it and take readings every day, you can tell what it is doing over time and then adjust to allow for that drift to happen rather than struggle to hold the pH in one position.

However, this is my way of doing things and as THG is working with you, I would run this by her first before doing anything different. :)

Hushpuppy is an excellent grower--he will not steer you wrong.

I also like to let my pH drift. I generally start mine lower and let it drift up.

I have been following all the advice and my sick girl is looking better.

Latest posts

Back