Sick leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve1

Reaction score
Hi! These plants are 7 weeks into flowering and I’m concerned of the discoloring of some of the leaves. I have 5 plants and it started with 1 of them. The leaves started to yellow. I understand that it’s normal for them to start to yellow during flowering but it’s spreading to the top. Any ideas? Should I start flushing these plants and stop feeding? I use fox farm trio and the cal mag supplement the rest of the plants seem to be fine CC7A8468-F5BB-48DA-AD63-248E3E85467D.jpegFF1D514E-0BCB-43ED-8662-FA9789426530.jpeg

Flushing wouldnt hurt you, but umbra sees the little yellow and necrotic spots that are often caused by bugs

Oh I believe you but I have a jewelers loop and a handheld microscope. I just don’t see any. Thanks for the input.

The problem for me, being new to this, is how do you tell the difference between nutrient deficiency and nutrient burn? What is considered normal yellowing and discoloring during flowering as opposed to veg ?

Hi Steve! Take a look UNDER the leaves that look worst. You might see what the guys are talking about.
The difference between deficiency and burn is complicated. A simple deficiency will show simple symptoms. For example, not enough nitrogen and the leaves will turn pale from the base upwards. Not enough magnesium will give stripes.
Burn gets more complicated. Too much of one fertilizer component, or a soil chemistry issue, will cause other nutrients to be "locked out", so you might see deficiency symptoms and scorching at the same time.
That looks like mite damage to me. Whatever else you have going on, that's the symptom set that strikes me first.
You're close to harvest so see if you find anything under the leaves, and if you do, pick off the leaves with the worst infestations (and burn them) and then keep fans on your plants to discourage them from breeding til you harvest, then do a really good cleanup and read up on prevention before you start again.
But let us know what you find under the leaves!

Latest posts

Back