Sick plant issues. Yellow/wilted/slow growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CVD1983

Reaction score
Hi all,
Looking for some advice again. :-(
Ive tried to research and find similar looking sick plants in online forums but failed.

Any advice and time would be greatly appreciated.

Like my other posts have mentioned. I hadn’t had my room in operation for awhile, I decided to get it up and running and needed clones for my grow.

Iwas given some clones from a friend. Turns out they were not what I expected. They were actually 3ft plants both about 5 weeks into flower. Covered in pistols. 333F709E-7F52-41EF-B23C-7267E7A9E696.png

I researched online and decided to cut smaller clones. The size I was used to working with rather that use the 2 I was given.
These new clones are still alive but taking there time (As I was told they would)00940614-D728-4D0D-870E-33C75660AB99.jpeg

As for the 2 I was originally given, I put in larger pots with soil. Something I’m not that familiar with using.
I’m trying to keep them alive for 5 more weeks till (spring) so
I can put outside.
It’s winter in Australia at moment. So Hurry up Spring.
Anyway
The plants has been doing ok since transplant until last few days. Seems all the leaves are turning light green/yellow. Small brown dots in new growth in places.
I’m using Growrite A -B for veg stage. As I always do. Weak mix tho.
Light is 18/6
Is this normal to experience discolouration like this?
The light green/yellow effect. Fan leaves dying.
Please help3B182DE9-E961-43A6-A99E-CC79289C9C06.jpeg2C9332CD-CE97-4822-BEDC-7ECA21894725.jpeg

Hi all,
Looking for some advice again. :-(
Ive tried to research and find similar looking sick plants in online forums but failed.

Any advice and time would be greatly appreciated.

Like my other posts have mentioned. I hadn’t had my room in operation for awhile, I decided to get it up and running and needed clones for my grow.

Iwas given some clones from a friend. Turns out they were not what I expected. They were actually 3ft plants both about 5 weeks into flower. Covered in pistols.View attachment 254121

I researched online and decided to cut smaller clones. The size I was used to working with rather that use the 2 I was given.
These new clones are still alive but taking there time (As I was told they would)View attachment 254122

As for the 2 I was originally given, I put in larger pots with soil. Something I’m not that familiar with using.
I’m trying to keep them alive for 5 more weeks till (spring) so
I can put outside.
It’s winter in Australia at moment. So Hurry up Spring.
Anyway
The plants has been doing ok since transplant until last few days. Seems all the leaves are turning light green/yellow. Small brown dots in new growth in places.
I’m using Growrite A -B for veg stage. As I always do. Weak mix tho.
Light is 18/6
Is this normal to experience discolouration like this?
The light green/yellow effect. Fan leaves dying.
Please helpView attachment 254119View attachment 254120

Hello CBD1983,

It looks like your plants are lacking calcium iron and magnesium (Ir & Ca & Mn) for short)- due to it showing the signs always at the top of the plant. After feeding them that one treatment you will start to see new growth within 2 or 3 days and your girls will snap back into life again but as of right now your girls a starving!.

However,
If your plants are into flowering then I highly recommend feeding them this at a very mild solution of this feeding mix and try misting them with a water bottle too with this treatment as well including doing the same with your clones too but not with the same fertilizer mixture.

Also before you do your bud harvesting I highly recommend that you let your soil dry out really good and as soon as it shows a little signs of wilting of its leaves water it and fush out your soil one week before your harvest. What this will do is force all of the plants nutrients to it's buds development giving you thicker and bigger and more resiny buds.

If it were yellowing at the end tips or lower bottom of the leaves then they would indicate a nitrogen deficiency. Also try to slow down on your watering some too because your soil looks pretty soggy there.

As for your clones do you mist them at all with a mild solution of plant food once or twice a day???

You could try misting then and put a plastic baggy over the tops of them to help the cloned plants take in the nutrients into the leaves. If you cover them clones with a plastic clear baggy make sure to put that on them but taking it off of them too so they can get enough air to breath now and then. What this will due is allows the plants to adsorb the the nutrients into the leaves. This method it very useful to helping your clones to obtaining water and nutrients since they are lacking any kind of root system right now depending how long you have had them all in total. However yellowing of the leaves on your clones is normal because the plants are taking the green chlorophyll to helping the clones create roots so the clones needs to getting it from somewhere so it's taking what it needs from ita leaves become you are not misting them and are not keeping them covered with a clear plastic buggies.

Here's some really good nutrient deficiency charts to go by for your very own personal use!.

qhrj8qmjl7az.jpg
3a823dba0bd6386095973e2e43e0827b.jpg

nutrient-deficiency-chart-welcome-to-cannabis-gallery-disease.jpg

I hope this helps you?

If I missed anything else please let me know?

I hope this helps!.

Yours truly,

Cannabis Kid

Last edited:
As for your clones could you take another picture of them in normal lighting so I can get a better look at your clones leaves and be able to better assessment of them clones because the light they are in I really cannot see the clones leaves very well in that picture????

00940614-D728-4D0D-870E-33C75660AB99.jpeg

As a rule of thumb,
Always fertilize half what the instructions say on any fertilizers instructions say. For example if the instructions say one table spoon to one gallon then use half a table spoon instead.

Its always safer to under feeding then to over feeding with any fertilizer because you could burn up your plants if you are giving them to much even if you are following the instructions of what it says to do, because as the saying goes Less is always more as the say!.

Another great tip is to getting a soil ALL IN ONE PH test kit at your local hardware store or nursery.
Those can give you a great idea where your soils levels are at and it can tell you what levels your soils PH is and what nutrients your soils are low or high in.
This method can also work very well to with either soils and hydroponic systems too!.

Thankyou

I’ll take a photo of clones and post soon. Ive struggles to get a solid watering schedule for them. So many different opinions. I have timer set 15mins every 6 hours for the Top fed DWC. I have never sprayed on leaves. I’ve heard this technique but I tend to stick with what I’ve tried and tested. I do have a humidifier in room at current. This is a first for me.

As for the others.
The soil is VERY wet.
I have been overwatering without realising. 5 litres 1/2 strength Nutes a day.
I usually grow in rockwool. Soil is something new for me. I’ve since learnt to let soil dry out.
Oops.
It’s great to be able to bounce advice off others. Appreciate it. Cheers heaps.
So basically I’m to let it dry out abit. Less feeds at this stage. See how it is in couple days!

Thankyou

I’ll take a photo of clones and post soon. Ive struggles to get a solid watering schedule for them. So many different opinions. I have timer set 15mins every 6 hours for the Top fed DWC. I have never sprayed on leaves. I’ve heard this technique but I tend to stick with what I’ve tried and tested. I do have a humidifier in room at current. This is a first for me.

As for the others.
The soil is VERY wet.
I have been overwatering without realising. 5 litres 1/2 strength Nutes a day.
I usually grow in rockwool. Soil is something new for me. I’ve since learnt to let soil dry out.
Oops.
It’s great to be able to bounce advice off others. Appreciate it. Cheers heaps.
So basically I’m to let it dry out abit. Less feeds at this stage. See how it is in couple days!

If I were you I would let off on the watering the soil of your plants and letting it dry out completely. There are 4 great ways to testing how wet or dry or moist your soil is I have 4 really good and great tips & tricks below here!.

The first way is to stick your fingers 3 inches deep in the flower pot soil to seeing if its wet or moist and if it is let it dry out some more.

The 2nd way is you could let your girls tell you that they are thirsty. They will let you know by its leaves wilting because this is an indication that she needs watering
and she is thirsty, you can water her and she will snap right back to life again if fact after watering you could actually see the plant moving its leaves horizontally in real time if you actually sit there and watching it happen. Within 2 to 5 minutes after watering them.
I highly don't recommend doing this method if your plants are into the flowering stages because it can degrade in your buds flower reproductions and it can also lower your THC, CBD, CVC, CB1, CB2, CVF contents and more all across the board but would not hurt them in the vegetative stages.

A 3rd way to check if your plants need watering is by picking up the plants flower pots and if they feel light and have not yet been watered then water them and try picking up the plants flower pots again they will feel a lot heavier now!.

The 4th method is you could go down to your local gardening supply store or any and picking up a water moisture test meter they are also a great tool to have and are well worth your investment.
41ebuvIgSSL._SY445_.jpg

The reason why because all you would have to do is sticking the rod of the end of the meter into the soil of your plants flower pots and it will show you an indicate how wet or moist your soil is and then you will take out the guess work on when your soil is wet, moist or dry!.

These true sure fire ways and tips are very good to know!.

As for your plants they love to be water battle misted in the early mornings and late evenings but in your case a humidifier is to me is a So/So deal because it has it's drawbacks and limitations and because plants actually love having there foliage watered on there foliage leaves much more then misty dry air, believe me when I tell you this its always a very good common practice to misting the foliage of your girls and the rule of thumb is only water or water bottle mist your plants either early in the mornings or late in the evenings because in the wild they experience this in the jungle's in there very own natural habitat just like early in the mornings there's morning dew!.

What I also recommend if you wanna treat the plants deficiencies!. You can buy some epson salt at your local hardware store or drug store and getting an empty 1 gallon jug and put 1 table spoon of epson salt into the empty 1 gallon jug and head over to your foset and fill it about half way with hot water then put the cap on it and shack it up for a few minutes then after that remove the cap to the 1 gallon jug and now fill up the 1 gallon jug with cold water the rest of the way up!

watering with a water bottle that you use to misting plants with fill that misting spray bottle with the epson salt solution that you have just made that's in the 1 gallon jug and spray mist your plants with it with the water bottle mixed with the epson salt solution.

This is why I avoid using humidifiers because they can't deliver any nutrients to feeding your plants foliage like a spray water bottle can.

Do this foliage misting ethier in the very early mornings or late in the evenings for a few days or at least every other day 3 times a week doing it the very first time once a day and you will start to see germanic health improvements in the plants growth and health.

Misting your plants is always a very good practice and a habit to getting into especially when your girls love a nude morning wat misting quicky lol

Watering your plants as of right now is not an option since your plants soil is soaked and any more further watering will result in root fugues and root rot. So I highly recommend and really suggest that you try water bottle spray misting your girls at this point because that way you will avoid the headaches and disappointments of causing your girls from getting any root rot and root fugues.

The solution that I talked about earlier with the epson salt that I had you mix up into a 1 gallon jug and had you put it into a misting spray bottle is magnesium and this will definitely help with your plants yellowing and will premot new growth in your girls.

Your plants are also lacking in calcium too but this can be corrected in many easy ways either by saving 4 dried up and used egg shells and grinding them up in a blender of water but I will tell you more ways about doing this another time!.

Last edited:
ANOTHER KEY TIP!

Cannabis-info-N-P-K-nutrients-foliar-feeding.jpg

Foliar feeding is an excellent way to provide vital minerals and essential nutrients directly to your plants through in the leaves. If you’ve been applying a foliar spray to your plants during the vegetative stage, you may now be wondering – should I foliar feed during flowering?

Well, there are many mixed opinions amongst growers when it comes to foliar spraying budded plants, some growers will absolutely reject the idea whilst a small number of growers have and continue to use this method however there's nothing wrong with just folier misting with just plain water from time to time!.

NOTE!:
I personally don't recommend doing this to your budded flowering plants with a fertilizer on your marijuana buds and if need be only do it on the plants leaves but there are some conceptions and/or acceptations other reasons why you may not be given any choices in doing so and I will be getting into that later on.

Foliar Spray Feeding for Indoor Growers
When a Marijuana plant begins to enter the flowering stage, it is generally advised that you "STOP" the foliar feeding after the third week of flowering.

Marijuana will secrete a sticky resin to act as insulation for when the environment is hot and/or dry, this helps to keep the plant cool and locks in essential moisture and nutrients.

If you decide to foliar feed during the flowering stage, then it’s very important that you introduce additional airflow to decrease the temperature and humidity of the growing environment.

This will avoid contaminating the plant’s resin with your nutrients, If left to contaminate the buds this can leave a harsh taste on your final smokable buds.

Last edited:
Why would I foliar feed during flowering, CK??

image.png

In case you are wondering, why would you foliar feed during flowering if the general consensus is against it?

Well, the main reason growers foliar feed during this stage of growth is usually to treat a nutrient deficiency such as Potassium/Phosphorus/Calcium and more, or to treat an aphid infestation or to cure fungal diseases such as White Powedery Mildews which can ruin your crop if present during the flowering stage.

Furthermore, some growers like to apply PK Boosters during the flowering stage to give their plants a really good and healthy head start, either by watering or with foliar feeding being the most efficient and quickest absorption route for the plant is foliar feeding them especially if they are suffering a deficiency, with outstanding results if done correctly in the early mornings.

It’s only recommended that you foliar feed until about 2 to 3 weeks into flowering.

For more Cannabis Kid Botany Tips & Tricks leave a reply!.

Last edited:
Foliar Feeding With Calcium: How To Make Your Own Calcium Fertilizer At Home Step By Step!.

Foliar feeding with calcium (the application of calcium rich fertilizer to the marijuana plants leaves) may make the difference between a bumper crop of marijuana with blossom end rot, or gorgeous marijuana buds with a beautiful high. Let me teach you more about making and using a calcium foliar spray on marijuana plants.

Why Use Homemade Calcium Rich Foliar Spray?

Calcium foliar spray lends necessary calcium to the plant, preventing leaf necrosis, short brown roots and/or leaves, fungal issues, weak stems and stunted growth (damping off). Making calcium spray for marijuana plants will increase cell division and immunity, an important component, especially in those rapid growers like the leaves and stems and roots as well as future big buds. While it is true that acidic soils have a reduced amount of calcium compared to more alkaline soils, PH is not a true reflection of the Fert for foliar feeding with calcium but may be used as a general guideline. Homemade Calcium Rich Foliar Spray While commercial calcium foliar sprays may be purchased but the cost is of buying it is not necessary here, it far less expensive into making your very own at home and just as easy to make a homemade calcium rich foliar spray with ingredients already in the home or garden of your marijuana grow.

If you are experiencing any of the plant symptoms or more above that I may have not mentioned or have had your soil’s PH tested and it’s deficient in calcium, now is a good time for me to teaching you to learn how to make your own calcium fertilizer.

Foliar Feeding with Calcium Rich Eggshells Plants require a ratio of calcium and magnesium; when one goes up, the other goes down. Utilizing your compost, which is generally rich in calcium or can be amended with the addition of lime or eggshells, is one way to increase the calcium level in growing your marijuana plants. Another way to accomplish this goal is by making calcium spray for plants with eggshells. To make calcium spray for plants with eggshells, boil 20 eggs in a pan covered with 1 gallon of water. Bring to a rolling boil, then remove from heat and allow to cool for 24 hours. Strain the water of shell fragments and store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. Another way to make homemade calcium rich foliar spray is by filling a gallon jar with water and eggshells. Steep for one month, allowing the eggshells to dissolve and filter their essential nutrients into the liquid.

To create your calcium foliar spray, mix 1 cup of the resulting solution with 1 quart of water and transfer to a spray bottle. This homemade calcium rich foliar spray is also rife with nitrogen and magnesium, phosphorus and egg collagen, which are all essential nutrients for healthy growth for your marijuana plants. Foliar Feeding with Calcium Rich Seaweed It’s not just for sushi anymore. lol

Particularly rich in bromine and iodine, seaweed is also rich in nitrogen, iron, sodium and calcium! So, how to make your own calcium fertilizer out of seaweed?

Collect the seaweed at a beach or buy it online fresh or buy at the garden store and rinse thoroughly. Chop up the seaweed so we can make a tea out of it and cover with 2 gallons of water in a bucket. Cover loosely, ferment for about 2 or 3 weeks, and then strain. Dilute 2/3 cup to one gallon of water to make a calcium foliar spray.

How to Make Your Own Calcium Fertilizer Out of Chamomile Chamomile contains sources of calcium, potash and sulfur, and as such is good for preventing damping off and many other fungal and disease issues and will build the immunity in your marijuana plants in resisting any future health issues. Pour 2 cups of boiling water over ¼ cup chamomile blossoms (or you can use chamomile tea). Let steep until cool, strain and place in spray bottle. This foliar solution will keep for one week to keep it for longer terms freeze it in your refrigerator and use whenever needed.

Other Methods for Making Calcium Spray for Plants Great for any number of things, Epsom salts contain magnesium and sulfur, and where there’s magnesium there is certainly a correlation to calcium. The magnesium content aids the plant in utilizing other nutrients in marijuana's plant cells, such as calcium, more effectively.

Plants, such as roses, tomatoes, peppers and marijuana, which require higher amounts of magnesium, benefit the most from this spray. The general recipe for using Epsom salt as a calcium foliar spray is 2 tbsp. salts to 1 gallon of water, but for the aforementioned, cut the Epsom salt to 1 tbsp to 1 gallon of water. Antitranspirants can also be used in the amount of ½ tsp to 8 ounces of skim milk (or equal amount of prepared powdered milk) for foliar feeding with calcium but do not water your soils with anything from milk including powdered milk and liquids, because this can cause fugal diseases and root rot and other issues.
"NOTE ONLY USE ANY MILK PRODUCTS AS A FOLIAR PRAY THAT'S DILUTED WITH WATER".

Antitranspirants can be purchased via a garden center and are usually made from natural oils such as those from pine trees. Be sure to flush the sprayer out with water really good and when done. And last but not least, I previously mentioned using one’s compost to enrich soils with nutrients.

Compost tea can be made with one part of mature compost to two parts of water (this can be done with mulched weeds, herbs or pond weeds too). Let sit for about a week or two and then strain and dilute with water until it looks like a weak cup o’ tea. This makes a fine method of foliar feeding with calcium.

NOTE BEFORE USING ANY HOMEMADE MIX:

It should be noted that anytime you use a home mix, you should always test it out on a small portion of the plant first to make sure that it will not harm the marijuana plant such as on a deficient leaf. Also, avoid using any bleach-based soaps or detergents on plants since this can be harmful to plants and to you inguesting the plant. If you use any soaps I highly recommend using a baby shampoo instead. In addition, it is important that a home mixture never be applied to any plant on a hot or brightly sunny day, as this will quickly lead to burning of the marijuana plant and its ultimate demise aka "DEATH!"

Have any questions or need more Cannabis Kid's tips & tricks then feel free to reply?

Yours truly,
Cannabis Kid

Last edited:
9E2D4F44-F6B9-48CD-BF11-B00B9E866BD6.jpeg
Just wanted to say thankyou for the advice. I’ve sprayed the leaves with a light mist of 1/4 strength nutes and ph 5.5 water. In couple days they are back to life. Looking healthier than ever. Cheers heaps

View attachment 254186 Just wanted to say thankyou for the advice. I’ve sprayed the leaves with a light mist of 1/4 strength nutes and ph 5.5 water. In couple days they are back to life. Looking healthier than ever. Cheers heaps

You are so very welcomed very glad to be of help to you.

Hopefully you have read everything that I took my time and long efforts into here for you to read and learn???

Give it more time it will just keep improving because I can already tell that its leaf tops are getting new sucklings growing there.
Just teat it for a little more by foliage feeding them and you'll be alright!.

Be sure to read up on my lab research its worth reading!.
https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/marijuana-biotechnology-for-newbies.76627/

Sincerely,
Cannabis Kid

hilarious-memes-stoners-marijuana-smoking-weed_edad5729-0844-426b-8ca9-f1f51e9497cc_large.jpg

To Cannabiskid not the OP:
CannabisKid's tricks and tips? Not quite. Your posts are not your own work: they are directly plagiarized. For example the eggshell thing is identical to an article on gardeningknowhow.com. why not just post a link instead of posting a giant wall of text and trying to pretend you wrote it? There are forums that ban users for this behaviour.
You're embarrassing yourself. Its unethical, as well.
Anyone who doesn't believe me, just go into where one of his posts gets technical and copy a few sentences into the Google machine ...

Last edited:
Ummm??? What are you saying?? I’m embarrassing myself? I’m still trying to figure out if this is a scam.

CVD, please do not be offended. The first line of stinkyattic's post says that this is not directed towards you, but rather to cannabiskidpot420 who has been plagiarizing stuff and posting it as his own. I doubt that anything that he posted on here was "his own".

Your plant in pic 10 looks like it has nute burn.

Latest posts

Back