Sick plant...pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N-P-"C".. :confused: Calcium is not a major nutrient, and can cause lockout problems if over applied. I've never encountered a fertilizer comprised of.. " nitrogen, potassium, and calcium - roughly equal amounts of calcium and nitrogen"....What is the Brand name?...surely there is info on the www

It isn't highly unusual for ferts to not contain magnesium, though mj does require a higher concentration of it than most plants. Dolomite lime is an excellent source of magnesium. Just mix in 1-2 tbsp. per gallon of soil.

Foliar feeding epsoms should continue untill you've corrected the problem. But, I would mist with fresh water at intervals in between, to wash off the excess salts. They could eventually plug the pores and cause more problems.
Add a tblsp of epsoms to a gallon of water when you water, untill you are ready for transplant, then mix the lime to your new medium.(Lime also acts as a ph buffer, which you also need it appears)

"If the starting water is above 200 ppm, that is pretty hard water, that will lock out mg with all of the calcium in the water. Either add a 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of epsom salts or lime (both will effectively reduce the lockout or invest into a reverse osmosis water filter.

Mg can get locked-up by too much Ca, Cl or ammonium nitrogen. Don't overdo Mg or you'll lock up other nutrients."

The best product that I have found for MAG as an additive for soil is (Green Sand).
Then you add a good heaping of Bat Guano and some worm casting, how could one go wrong.

However, there are many other factors involved for excellent soil: Drainage, Aeration. Bud is easy to grow, but difficult to grow to its full potencial and I believe many will agree with me.

Specs:
GreenSand (0-0-7)
http://www.planetnatural.com/site/greensand-soil-amendment.html

Used as a soil conditioner and fertilizer since the 1970's, GreenSand (Fertrell Company) is mined from deposits of minerals that were originally part of the ocean floor. Contains about 7% total potash, along with iron, magnesium, silica and as many as 30 other trace minerals. May also be used to loosen heavy, clay soils. Improves plant health. Broadcast 50-100 lbs. GreenSand per 1,000 sq. ft. OMRI Listed for use in organic production.

Mexican Bat Guano:
http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=MBG400

Pure bat guano has been used for centuries as a plant food of the highest quality. An excellent source of Nitrogen, as well as other trace elements all vegetative crops need, our Mexican Bat Guano (10-2-1).

Jamaican Bat Guano
http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=JBG400

Nothing is better for blooming flowers or ripening fruits than our Jamaican high phosphorus Bat Guano(1-10-0.2). This guano is most effectively used at the root zone, which heightens root and bud development.

Worm Casting: (Use top soil as a filler. Do not use Mirale Grow soil, will become very saltly with in a short time.)
http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=WCA400

Earthworm castings (1-0-0) contain abundant essential elements plants need for healthy growth, but all worm castings are not created equal! Wiggle Worm Soil Builder PURE Earthworm Castings are among the most consistent worm castings commercially available because they're manufactured indoors in premium peat humus.

Castings rival chemical fertilizers in their nutrient composition, providing a concentrated source of calcium, magnesium, and nitrogen. Outdoors, line the bottom of your hole or furrow with three inches of castings. Indoors, use one part castings to three parts potting soil.

Perlite (Aeration):
http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=PER944

Because it doesn’t crush fine stems or root systems, lightweight Perlite is perfect for growing delicate plants such as lettuce. You can mix perlite with topsoil or potting soil to increase root zone aeration or use it by itself or mixed with other sterile media in drip or passive hydroponics systems.

Clearex (Salt Remover) I recommend this 100%, best every 21 days.
http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=CLE400

Nutrient salts can build up over time creating a toxic condition in your hydroponic media or potted plants. Use Clearex as a front-line defense against this deadly situation. Clearex loosens the bond between nutrient salts and your growing media to allow thorough leaching of salt deposits.

Final Flush Regular (Removes the harshness)
http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=FFL400

Plants are 90% water. During growth and production stages of a plant's life, it can store excess water-soluble fertilizer salts in its tissues leaving fruits and vegetables with a bitter flavor. Final Flush eliminates excess salts so you can enjoy a sweet harvest. Half-liter size.

If you are going to grow in soil, I do recommend putting a layer of rocks at the bottom of the bucket (5 gal), about 2 inches thick. If get the rocks from out side somewhere, bleach them first to kill any unwanted pest. Also Remember to drill lots of holes in the bottom of the bucket for drainage.

Peace,
Grim

Pic of my last grow in soil:

bbpic3.jpg

niiiiiiice plant grimm!....greensand is a product that I've not used, but I do use castings extensively. They could be the answer to the problem, for sure. Maybe a tea or a top-dressing, or a tea AND a top-dressing.

ok well i think this guy is making a nice recovery :) ...thanks everyone for the helpful advice ;)

sick plant 29.4.JPG

sick plant 29.4 (2).JPG

sick plant 29.4(2).JPG

What strain is that Bandit ? Sorry man. I missed this thread somehow. Comin in late. :)

i really wouldnt have a clue about the strain...these were just some seeds i saved from a good batch of greenary i had a while back... does this plant look familiar to anyone? i suppose its too early to tell from appearance

Grim, that plant of yours is a BEAUTY! What strain, please?

GB, I dunno...I`m thinking indica. It sure is nice & bushy, to be so small. ;)

Alot of suppositions here and they all are possible. eliminating mites. would look to a nute problem. first would advise you to get rid of the mulch. as it decomposes it consumes nitrgen. from xperimenting with how much is too much, this looks like too much and micro element deficiency and many other things that cause clorosis like a radical PH factor. MJ will tolerate a fairly broad range of percent of hydrogen, but it does have a breaking point.If you're gonna grow and use all the specialized nutes follow the others advise ,get a ph meter.very small investment. I have after screwing around with aplant too much as it appears that you have as well, carefully transplant it to new potting soil that says it is neutral and begin with rooting compound with B1 and super thrive. you will be glad you have this stuff for the future anyway. then take it easy and let them grow.Eons ago when first started growing dont know how many plants were killed and stunted by fooling with them too much. Lots of good advise on the board, good luck Rzb PS if you have some more beans i would reload incase the remedy doesnt workout, and trim the yellow leaves, as the recovering plant has to support them too, this will force the growth to the top.....................It also exibits symptoms of a virus ,wash yer hands before you go around other plants

It's not mulch. It's a new type of coconut fiber stuff that is suposed to be good for planting. Or so I hear.

ok guys i need some more advice...take a look at these 2 pics, my other 2 plants are now showing some serious signs of poor health....i've checked the pH and both read in the 6.2-6.4 range...too high?...from wat i've read this is not the problem and i feel it may be because i foliar fed these guys a few days ago and possibly ive caused some burning in the leaves...not sure

as u can see the older leaves are starting to really yellow up and die, the tips are starting to brown and curl up...i've checked for bugs but nothing, i really don't know what to do to help them, i don't want to over-fertilize but they seem to be screaming out for more nutrients....any advice guys??? thanks in advance

P1010013.JPG

P1010014.JPG

a friend of mine said this was normal and nothing to worry about as the older leaves tend to yellow as the plant grows...is this true?

he also suggested it could be a nitrogen deficiency if the rest of the leaves are also starting to yellow...can anyone verify this??

wat should i do to correct the problem??

Start over and use soil or true hydro. Who ever told you to use coconut fiber without a drip system is an idiot. Dude it is time to start over and do it right, learn from your mistakes.

Grim

start over?...i'd like to at least try and save them before taking any drastic measures.. i'm sure its just a nutrient deficiency of some sort...even if they don't make it at least i can learn more about the entire grow process as more problems begin to arise so i'll be better off come next grow...any other advice about these yellowing leaves guys?

It is going to take them longer to recouprate, then it would be to just start over.

On my first attempt to grow hydro, I tried one plant. 2 weeks into flowering she developed a MAG issue. I was able to correct the MAG issue, but it hurt the plant so bad that the flowering stop and she just grow tall for 9 weeks and only produced 22 grams of non-smokeable bud (I had to throw it out). I have learned it is best to start over right, them to wait and see what happens.

Your other (best) option, is to transplant into soil, veg for another 3 to 4 weeks. This may make them healthy enough to flower, not sure. I do believe you will have another 4 weeks of veg no matter what you do.

Wish you luck,
Grim

Diddo to what Greaper said! Get over it, did a little research and bagsseed is considered by many to include' ed rosenthal' a source of viruses, Sargeant stripes to be specific or one of the other 3 hemp streak nightmares.They produce symptoms just like nute probs etc..weedworld#42 from2002 had a very good piece on this.burn the plants and sterilize anything associated with it,or you could have it over and over or worse spread it around.No the sky isnt falling,but that sure does look like the Sargeant. Get some good seeds from a reliable source and enjoy growing. happytrails Rzb PS there are many sources of supplies but here is one that has EVERYTHING ,They will send you a very comprehensive catalogue free www.sunshinehydro.com or another is www.discount-hydro.com They also have grow manuals resonable too ,lol> we all learn as we go buddy .peace.................

hey razor, got a link that I can read up on these virus's?...new news to me, I'm interested.

I thought "Ed Rosenthal" was the Bud expert, who grow for cancer patients. I'm confused on this one, RZ. I would also like to see this link of the virus report. Or just maybe the US government labeled him as a virus.

http://www.green-aid.com/edrosenthal.htm

Grim

Latest posts

Back