Sick plant...pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it looks like your overwatering them man

I dont know anything about coco fiber. And I'm not good at "guess my problum" But mine do that at the bottom, turn yellowish and curl up when they get about root bound. How big is the pot ? Looks like a 6" or 8" to me. To small for a plat that size in soil. Not sure about the fiber thing though.

well i just transplanted these two guys about 4 days ago into larger pots (~12" from one side to the other), so im don't pretty sure they're not root bound....they are now 4 weeks old

over-watering u think CB...might be a possibility, but i doubt thats the problem as i've been very cautious not to over-water by waiting til practically the entire medium drys out before re-watering..but who knows

heres some recent pics...i think ur right Grim im probably better off just starting over and scraping these 2....i applied some more epsom salt dilution yesterday in case its a mag deficiency but something occurred to me last night, the fertilizer i've been using contains high amounts of calcium and i read too much calcium can block the uptake of magnesium. But then again it might not be a mag issue at all...what to do???

P1010017.JPG

P1010018.JPG

Grim: Who ever told you to use coconut fiber without a drip system is an idiot

i really like using this coco coir stuff its nice and light, easily aerated, and doesn't absorb any of the nutrients hence avoiding high acidity in the medium. It can also be re-used. My question is, is it really necessary to have a drip system with coco coir?

I've got some new seeds germinating now and wanted to get some ppls advice on which type of medium to plant them in...im thinking of trying a soil grow this time round but im worried about certain issues like drainage, build up of nutrients (i.e. hot-spots), and especially pests...is there a better alternative for peace of mind?...how bout half soil half coco? would that make any difference..?

Weed World issue 42

I didn't spend a lot of time looking, but did a couple search's to no avail. I can't believe there isn't more info on them, especially if they re effecting folks mj crops. I'd think some of the larger forums would be undulated with information/questions.

Bandit...I'm dumb as hell about hydro, but if you decide to go w/ soil, I might be of assistance in steering you correctly.

yeh actually i think i might give it a try this time round seeing as my last 2 grows have been with coco...any particular types of soils i should be looking for? is there anything else i can mix in with it to increase drainage, aeration etc?? any advice would be much appreciated hick..cheers

sure bandit...lemme' see here.
I prefer "Black Gold all organic potting soil", made with "Canadian sphagnum peat mos, compost, earthworm castings, forest humus, perlite and pumice"
I hear good things about Fox Farms Ocean Forest, too. These are only a couple of "name brands" that I'm familiar with. There are plenty more out there.
I like to add around 15-20% more perlite to the BG(aeriation and drainage). I also ammend with around 10% more castings and a couple tbsp of hydrated lime p/gallon of soil, but probably not neceassary with a good fert regime and if your feeding water is in the acceptable ph range.
I have some links stored somewhere here that provide some recipes for mixing your own medium. See if I can dig 'em up if you can't find a source for good dirt.

thanks hick...im gonna start a new grow in another month or so, decided to try and flower this plant here first. . .think it'll yield much under a 400w HPS? it's about 5-6 inches tall atm...

P1010020.JPG

keep the one closest to the camra and toss the others and keep the one for trial and air

Ed Rosenthal is a noted authority on the cultivation of MJ in all areas.He has authored many books on growing,which include plant pathology.dont have a link at the moment,but "sinsemilla tips"and most grow books address the problem of hemp streak viruses. Just for quick reference I refered to issue #42 of weed world magazine, it had an article in it about viruses.As for me it was part of my curriculum of study in college.there was research on Hemp cultivation in the US during WW2, during which thousands of acres of MJ were grown all over the midwest,and it is still all over the place as a weed<lol> The hemp streak viruses are not only transmitable on clothes and carried by wind but actually get into the genetic composition of a strain. they then seem to come out of nowhere,thats why caution must be used when buying seeds and espesialy bag seeds.As for Ed, he has forgotten more than most of us know about botanical matters. Go to www.fsbookco.com for a partial listing of books by E.R. and many others. Alot of information available Pce Rzb

Grim Reefer said:
I thought "Ed Rosenthal" was the Bud expert, who grow for cancer patients. I'm confused on this one, RZ. I would also like to see this link of the virus report. Or just maybe the US government labeled him as a virus.

http://www.green-aid.com/edrosenthal.htm

Grim
just posted a responce to you're question, it popped up on the next page.cant believe such a lack of info on forums concerning viral issues either,it is a bad problem.folks treat it symptomaticaly as a nute prob.a common way to test for it is to place a chrysathamum or geranium next to a sick plant , in3-5 days if its viral they will have it, burn it all.

thanks razor. I get the chance, I'll dig a little to see what I can find. About all I did was google "seargant stripes virus" and "marijuana virus" I'm sure the info is here somewhere, just gotta' get out the shovel..;) I know a grower that used chrysanthamums when she found mites in her flower room at about 6 weeks in. She claimed the mites would leave the mj for the chrys's, then she could toss 'em out.

bandit, I apologize for the hijacking of your thread. It was/is a diagnosis that I had never considered, and interests me.

hey hijack away...i think this thread is about done with anyway, thanks agian all for ur input...

Latest posts

Back