Sick Plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poufro

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

a friend of mine just recently gave me a withered plant that has not been put in a pot yet. I have never grown before and I was wondering if the plant can be saved, and what materials i should buy. The light that I was given is a flourescent bulb, it says 15 Watts on it, but it seems to be much brighter than that. any help/info would be greatly appreciated

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's a clone. Looks like it desperately needs to be incubated more since I can't seen any roots out of the bottom. Maybe put it into a tray and cover it with a CLEAR plastic bag, then give it a good misting since it looks like it's drying out. Also, a stronger light would help.

I hope it is a clone, but I think I see cotyldons. That thing is starved to death and if it is from seed there is a good chance it will be a male after being subjected to so much stress.

That yellow is hardcore Nitrogen deficiency, and the entire stem is red, Phosphorus deficiency.

Probably the easiest thing to do for a first time grower would be to transplant it in some decent soil, I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest.

toss it...... at best it will herm me thinks if it even lives that is

I have to agree with EM in his observations and HBG on it possibly going hermie.

Latest posts

Back