Sick Plants? In a Tent? LOOK HERE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGKushman

Don’t eat that pancake.
Reaction score
Thought this was interesting...

replace XX wih tt

hXXp://boards.cannabis.com/plant-problems/169963-warning-sick-plants-grow-tent-read-before-doing-anything.html

(dont we have a subzero?)
Hi everyone, I have just had the worst problem in 15 years of growing and now have finally resolved it.
I can't see too much about it on this site so I thought I would share this vital information with you.... Stay well clear of any tent with white interior made of PVC. THEY WILL KILL YOUR PLANTS! The symptoms mimmic (sp?) nutrient defficencies, lockout and ph problems and usually end up killing your plants over a couple of weeks from the bottom up. Plant growth will slow, then stop and roots will die, bizarre chlorosis will occour, stems will be weak and thin, leaves will curl over and under, burn and drop. Whole plants have turned completely bright yellow overnight in extreme cases.

Apparently the tents made in China (lots about on a popular auction website) produce toxic fumes when exposed to heat and light, causing the stomata to close, quickly killing your beloved. I have a link to another site here. You MUST read this.
Grow Tent OutGassing / Offgassing WARNING!! - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums
Or google "grow tent outgassing"
I understand if you need to delete the link (mods) but I think that this is a very, very important piece of info that needs to be read. I wish I had found it sooner as I have wasted 6 months and spent a fortune trying to resolve what seemed to be a string of different problems, and all the time it was the friggin tent. I lost all confidence in my abilities that up to now have been spot on and came very close to giving up completely. I was actually losing my mind over it.

There are tents with white interior that are made of other materials that are ok, it is just the PVC ones that seem to cause the problems. Also some have a safe material for the tent but the splash tray is PVC. This will kill em too!

Soooo if you are growing in a tent and nothing is working to resolve your problems, GO GET THEM OUT NOW and and dump the tent, they should recover in a week if they aren't too far gone.

Hope this saves you a fortune and more importantly your sanity.

Subzero.

wow I never thought that could be a problem, what does China think when they make products? Anyways, thats really good to know, much thanks OGK

OG I'll hunt but I think the threads we had on this subject were lost in the crash

ozzydiodude said:
OG I'll hunt but I think the threads we had on this subject were lost in the crash

Haha! Yeah, I remember that wackadoo too.. Seems all that out gassing stuff got fixed though didn't it? Or was from homemade components or something..

That problem was fixed long ago....might still be some garbage tents out there but for the most partit is no longer an issue....

nvthis said:
Haha! Yeah, I remember that wackadoo too.. Seems all that out gassing stuff got fixed though didn't it? Or was from homemade components or something..

It was something to do with pvc tubing that one of the companies was supplying with their hydro kits. We lost the info and I haven't found it else where.

ozzydiodude said:
It was something to do with pvc tubing that one of the companies was supplying with their hydro kits. We lost the info and I haven't found it else where.

Yeah, that sounds pretty on the money right there. Dang. Good memory Oz.:cool:

Latest posts

Back