Sick Widow, any ideas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Roddy

I checked my plants last night, all seemed fine except the widow did look like it was yellowing a bit, told the boy to up the nutes on her. This morning (no nutes added yet), I looked in and spotted some weird "insect" looking things on the stems, I pulled a few off and checked under scope...they're not bugs, but look like where a "blood clotted" on a human...kinda (not a dark scab, but crystally red). I have no way of getting a picture of these.

Sick widow 003.JPG I pulled the widow out for closer inspection, noted some of her leaves had fallen off and, as I touched a few, they fell right off the plant...all the lower veg.

sick plant 001.JPG sick plant 005.JPG sick plant 006.JPGHere's a few of the many leaves that have fallen off.

The gal looks to have a nute def...or two....but the many little "scab-like" things on her (there were somewhere around 20 of them on mostly on the stems on the tops of the tall branches) are a concern of course. Could these have been egg sacs from a bug of some sort? I haven't seen a bug anywhere and I don't see ANY sign of these moving to the plant right beside her. She is dying fast, though.

Hmm. I don't know anything, but checking on the leaf deficiency chart provided on the site. I would suggest it could be nitrogen, zinc, or phosphorus. What nutrients are you using??

I have looked at your pic's three times and still have no idea what the problem is. You really can't get a pic of what you described? really need to see more, up close.

Is the defiency working its way from bottom to top? Is it getting enough water?

The little red spots were just a touch bigger than a pencil lead, and no, my camera was doing good at getting those blurry pics.

Yes from bottom to top, yes, I water fully then let dry.

just lookin at the size of the plant and the top of that pot.. maybe a rootbound issue?

got nothing for that bloodclot thingy though

It's a 5gal pot, the plant is 26" tall, not rootbound, but will be going to a 10gal before budding.

I am perplexed. I bet you are too. I sure wish i could see better, can you borrow another camera?

Sounds like your doing everything right as far as watering. I was wondering if it is too wet. I am scratching my head here. Shoot Roddy. Sorry.

Going from bottom to top usually means your dealing with a mobile deficiency which means it is either Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potasium, zinc, or Magnesium. Maybe you should hit it with a complete set of nutrients. Is your ph ok?

yes, ph is good, will hit with extra nutes tonight and see if she respnds!

Maine is correct, the girl is starving...feed her.

hjmmm, seems to have come on pretty fast, but will double up on the feed!

I can atleast say that you are lacking in nitrogen. Your leaves should be a few shades darker green.

I'm calling a nitrogen def. also... May be zinc and phosphorus slightly, but not to a worried point... Definitely an N def. though!

Cool, THANKS!!! I also have the in bud OG starting to have clawed leaves at the top of the plant, I know I read about this but cannot find the info again, help please??

Starting to learn the different needs of multiple strains lol, oh the fun of it all!!!

I'm guessing this red-dot stuff is spread around enough you don't think it's just nutrient splash, right?

Definitely not nute splash. Not on leaves, on stems at the tops and the red spots are bumps or raised. You can tell the spots are over areas of damage, the stems are blackened or discolored under the spots...almost like a cut and a clot.

Latest posts

Back