Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Sicnarf GrOw

sicnarf

Reaction score
The ebb and flow unit itself measures 30inches long x 14inches Wide x 17inches High. The actual flooding tray is 7inches deep. The tray has eight 5" white square pots for the growing. Each square is 7inches deep.

My grow set up : 47" Long x 20" deep x 72" inches High Note: it's a cabinet I have bought. It will also have a 185 CMF HydroFarm exhaust fan.

My lights: 1 250watt HPS. Batwing type reflectors. 18" Long x 18 Wide x 8" High. 4 compact floros (1900 lumens ea. for extra light if I so chose)

I'll be using Hydrton growing media and Rock-Wool Cubes. Flora Serires Nutrients

I have mylar lining the walls. At the bottom of the unit I have 2 6"x12" white vents.

T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

whats up sicnarf. just wanted to be the first to say that is a great looking grow box. i like the way you have everything set up. cant wait to see your grow get under way.

sicnarf

Reaction score
Thanks man. Ill be updating my grow in the journal section soon...

F

fleshstain

nice setup....i'm thinking of trying something like that myself with a 400W hps....just curious, have you had a chance to get a temp reading with the light on yet?

tallslim

Reaction score
how many plants are you growing ? Does it get hot in there?

sicnarf

Reaction score
Yeah, it stays around 65-66 degrees with the lights off and around 70 with the 250 watt hps on. Im using a WAY more powerful fan than required to keep the temps stable. The humidity is on av. 40% I will be growing 4 plants.

sicnarf

Reaction score
Alos, behind the unit is a widow. THe draft creeps on in through the vents as the fan exhaust the air our the widow. If you build one of these try to place it by a widow. I put my hand on the vents and I felt a strong constant airflow.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
Lookin great sicnarf. That is a really nice lookin cab. That is going to crank out some nice buds.

Can I make a suggestion though. Please get that ballast up where if something leaks or spills it can in no way get to that ballast. I just don't want you to have a fire or anything. Fire freaks the **** outa me. I also keep a fire alarm in or near my grow area incase the light falls or something.

sicnarf

Reaction score
Oh, shit. Thanks for reminding me about that...lol that part totally skiped my mind.

Insane

Reaction score
Great lookin grow setup sicnarf!

PS Mylar is the only way to go! ;)

Chicken

Reaction score
wow bro that looks nice. I wanted to do something like that but I have this thing about plant height. If the plant grows 2 feet during veg and lets say 2 or 3 more feet during flower, will that cab have enough space?

lets say your cab is 8 ft tall.
5 gallon pot = 1 ft
light = 1 feet
3 ft distance between plant and light to grow (being safe)

so thats 8-1-1-3= 4 ft to grow. Will this be tall enough to grow? thanks in advace.

sicnarf

Reaction score
Yeah, make sure you factor all the height and spacing issues out. My cab is 6ft high. Because im using a 250wat hps i can get a little bit more closer to the tops 8-10inches ...I have almost 4ft to spare. I will save more space when I use my bubbler to flower my babes because it sits lower to the ground than the unit in the pics.

Heres the break down

Cab Height: 6ft
light height: 8 inches
HydroUnit: 17inches
light space from tops of plants:6-9inches (depending if my exhaust fan is on)

Total: 31inchs
62-31= 31inches. I have about 3 feet if I max my distances out, to flower if I used the Unit in the pics.

So I would have to start flowering once the plants get about 12" high in vegg.

With soil pots you have a lot more felxiblilty in chosing height of the pots IMO

Latest posts