side lighting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've asked this myself and was told to not bother. What's the size room, what lights do you currently have?

im just curious if theres any use.
if i mention size of room this will just become a "what would be better for that" thread
itd be a closet anyway. just as a concept though, im just curious, seems like it would help in confined spaces when the lower leaves get very little light.

would use t5s most likely.

I do side lighting ..useing cfl..and t40 shop lights...works well 4me:D

That was my thought once as well, the answer was that T5's don't throw light far enough to do much good, you'd need the plant(s) within inches of the lights. This would likely mean at least 2 sides of T5's, which would throw a bit of heat, but not a lot of light.

Personally, I decided to go with more primary (HPS) lighting above.

if you can make it work go for it, alot feel the issue is CFL's need to be so close to work that they often block out the main light ie hps

I have to leave my closset open when lights on, so I put a 400 MH and reflector vertically in the door frame.

That's always been my thought as well....however, if you're going to add light, you might as well add the best useful light possible/practical

More light is not always better. If the fluoros are placed too far away to be doing any good, it is a waste of money and time. Unless you can get fluoro side lighting within a few inches of the plant, you are simply wasting electricity.

:yeahthat: Seems if growing more than one plant, it'd be difficult to add side lighting with T5's...and impractical depending on size of room/amount of T5's needed.

Latest posts

Back